Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Computer Sleeps While System Scan Is Running, Scan Pauses

Options
dassauna@gmail.com
edited July 2013 in Antivirus

For some reason Bitdefender Total Security 2013 does not prevent the computer from entering a power-saving Sleep state while a System Scan is running. This is a bit of an issue if you ever want users running the System Scan, as it may not finish before the operating system's idle timer kicks in. Many other programs can and do prevent standby while critical maintenace operations like updates or defragmentation are in progress - especially when manually initiated by the user.

The PC I use as a workstation is set to sleep after an hour of inactivity, and this and any settings below 3 hours effectively prevent the System Scan from completing successfully. When I access the PC again, it is to do work, so I cannot leave the scan running until completed.

The software should be able to prevent standby modes when manual scans are run to ensure their completion.

I would have posted this as a Feature Request, but the forum does not allow me to start a new topic in that subforum.

PS. The operating system used is Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

Comments

• antikythera
    Options

I believe that is partly why they introduced Photon technology in the new build. This should help with the standby issue depending on the idle timer setting and amount Photon reduces the scan time by when it has learnt about the files on your PC.

Ideally, the scan should keep the computer awake anyhow. The scan dialogue should then include a selectable option to shutdown, reset, or just end the scan and go back to normal power management at the end of the scan if desired by the user.

The new unlocked feature request forum is under the 'New Bitdefender' section.