Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Av 2013 - Goodsync

Options
data-lab
edited August 2013 in Antivirus

Hello,

After the August 20, 2013 (or August 21) update there is a problem using GoodSync (www.goodsync.com) when “Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013” is running.

GoodSync offers the option to synchronize folders from 2 different computers that are connected to Internet (with a P2P connection).

This is achieved by a GoodSync Server (running as a Windows service). For the two computers to find each other this service connects to mediator.goodsync.com

After the recent update “Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013” somehow prevents the "GoodSync Server" service to operate properly.

1. I contacted the GS support and after sending them a number of logs they came back with “You have a bad proxy or security program that corrupts communication of GS to mediator: GS receives headers but not body of HTTP transaction.”

2. When I run the Windows in "Safe Mode" and Bitdefender is not loaded - GoodSync works fine.

3. I created a support ticket to Bitdefender – but all I got them is an automated reply that they have received my ticket.

4. I also tried GS on a computer running a different antivirus – it all works there (and it was the case with Bitdefender till August 20, 2013).

Am I the only user with those 2 software pieces working simultaneously?

Any support or workarounds are appreciated. I already tried to add the GS service as an exception to Bitdefender, but the problem is still there.

Best regards,

Marian Yordanov

Comments

• I am sorry for flooding the forum but:

If any of the BitDefender support staff is reading the forum, please reply if I can expect at least a reply for my support ticket (Ticket ID:201308231004917).

I am a freelancer working both from home and the office and having my files in sync is crucial for me.

If the solution is not in the immediate future, obviously I should abandon either GoodSync or BitDefender, which will be bad because I have paid for both products.

Best regards,

Marian Yordanov