Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Safepay Ending Session

Options

Hi,

I have installed the latest Bitdefender Total Security (2014?). When I open my banks pop-up window to enter my accounts, even while I am doing some stuff, suddenly safepay opens a new same pop-up window and my active session ends. I have to enter my details again to enter the bank online site. I am usin Win7 64bit.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Hamit

Comments

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    Options
    Hi,

I have installed the latest Bitdefender Total Security (2014?). When I open my banks pop-up window to enter my accounts, even while I am doing some stuff, suddenly safepay opens a new same pop-up window and my active session ends. I have to enter my details again to enter the bank online site. I am usin Win7 64bit.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Hamit

Actually, your active session does not end; it is just a separate desktop that becomes current (the one Safepay runs in).

I am not sure what version do you have, but if you have a red triangular button, that allows you to navigate back to your default desktop and continue.

Now about how do you connect to your bank: you can control if you want to open in your default browser, or in Safepay.

Judging from the fact Safepay opens, either do you have the setting to automatically open all bank URLs in Safepay, or for a specific list of addresses.

To configure your preferences, open manually Safepay, click on the Settings button, and from here:

- if you want to use Safepay instead of your preferred browser, you can either opt for Automatically option, which will open banking websites in Safepay without asking, or opt for Ask me, which will pop up a question; for more control, look in the lower part of settings which contains a list of domains: if you see the domain of your website there, you can opt for this specific domain to again automatically open, ask you, or Do not use

- if you want to use your browser instead of Safepay you can opt for Do not use Safepay, either globally in the upper section (this will control how you open ALL websites), or, again, specifically for website domain in the lower list.

Cristian

• Hi Christian,

Thank you for your reply. When I said pop up, I meant while I am in Safe pay a new tab opens in Safepay window and when I click the old tab in Safepay, my session is already ended. This happens even when I am just looking at the screen and not touching anything(keyboard mouse etc.).

I have the latest one I gues , with red arrow to go back to desktop. This didn't happen before in old versions. http://www.garanti.com.tr/en this is the website. May be you can try it. May be it will happen w/o logging in too. Didn't try. It's like there is a countdown.

Thank you.