Safebox Deleting Files From My Pc

I set Safebox up last night to backup my accounts. This morning I turned on my PC, and the folder containing all my accounts is missing. I logged on to the Safebox dashboard, and only a few of the files that should be present are there. Four years of accounts have been deleted or hidden by Safebox - could you please tell me how to restore these files?

I have attempted to make contact via the Live Chat feature, but no agents were available on either occasion I tried. I need access to these files fairly urgently.

Comments

• I had the same sort of issues with Safebox over a year ago and spent months trying to get them to fix it. They obviously do not have a flipping clue how to develop or maintain a cloud storage. After losing numerous files myself I started using Skydrive. It is $10 per year for 27GB of storage. I have only had one incident of corrupted files with Skydrive, and I have never had any files just disappear as I had happen numerous times with Safebox. It would be in your best interest to never use Safebox again as it appears they are never going to fix it. Also, Bitdefender Wallet is also completely useless. I would make no attempts to use it either if you value your personal information. Hope this helps.

• Apparently it is being looked into now, but I don't understand why it is taking so long for someone from Bitdefender to either confirm or deny that the Safebox feature has erased my files - the exact opposite of what a backup solution should do!

I understand that if I need to use third-party tools to try and recover my files, I need to use my PC as little as possible to increase any chance of recovery, but the slow communication from Bitdefender on whether my files are lost or not is really not helping, and I need to use my PC to earn a living. Can I get an official response? Or are the forums for community solutions only? It isn't clear.

• Still not resolved, and support have gone pretty quiet. They did ask me to send a screenshot of the problem, but unless anyone can tell me how to illustrate via a screenshot that my files are no longer where they were, I can't do this.

I'd really appreciate some form of update on how my ticket is proceeding. And I'd like confirmation one way or the other of whether the files are recoverable. The silence on this matter is making the problem much worse and makes Bitdefender's support element seem terrible.

• This was never satisfactorily resolved, I just gave up on waiting days at a time for a response from support to a single email, which when they finally arrived only reiterated that my files had been deleted (which I already knew), and sometimes seemed to relate to someone else's problems (though nice to know that I'm not suffering alone). I received a number of emails apologising for the delay and telling me that the cause of the delay was now resolved, only to have the next email delayed by the same length of time and be given the same excuse about having now fixed the cause for the delay.

My files were never recovered and had to be recreated to the best of my ability. I would recommend that Safebox be avoided for any files that are important enough to justify backing up.