Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Not Able To Activate "active Virus Control"

Options
Abhiman
edited January 2014 in Antivirus

I am currently installed Bidefender internet security 2013. From day of installation I am not able to activate "Active virus control" . Every time I clicked to on this functionality, It gets to trun off automatically in fraction of second. I have tried each modes ( Aggressive, normal, permissive )

Could any one help me in this matter ?

Will be great if any one can suggest me who to be confirmed whether my anitivirus is working fine to detect malwares.

Comments

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am currently installed Bidefender internet security 2013. From day of installation I am not able to activate "Active virus control" . Every time I clicked to on this functionality, It gets to trun off automatically in fraction of second. I have tried each modes ( Aggressive, normal, permissive )

Could any one help me in this matter ?

Will be great if any one can suggest me who to be confirmed whether my anitivirus is working fine to detect malwares.

Abhiman:

I doubt that you have full antivirus protection, from what you are describing. You either have a corrupt install or, you have some other antivirus program running as well, or, you have a virus which is disabling BD.

Get the BD uninstaller tool from their website and uninstall your BD Internet Security. Make sure no other anti-virus programs are installed and/or active (Windows Security Essentials will be there - just make sure

it is turned off). Then go to the BD website and do their online scan to make sure that there are no viruses on your system. If it comes back clean, try to do another install of BD.

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Abhiman:

I doubt that you have full antivirus protection, from what you are describing. You either have a corrupt install or, you have some other antivirus program running as well, or, you have a virus which is disabling BD.

Get the BD uninstaller tool from their website and uninstall your BD Internet Security. Make sure no other anti-virus programs are installed and/or active (Windows Security Essentials will be there - just make sure

it is turned off). Then go to the BD website and do their online scan to make sure that there are no viruses on your system. If it comes back clean, try to do another install of BD.

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Unfortunately I think that everything is ok with the installation; I installed my BD 6 months ago and it was OK till a few hours ago, when it showed the same error "on access scanning is turned off", and there is no way to turn it on. Guys is there an error with update or did some virus mess up my BD? Any solutions?

• gorstak04@gmail.com
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Unfortunately I think that everything is ok with the installation; I installed my BD 6 months ago and it was OK till a few hours ago, when it showed the same error "on access scanning is turned off", and there is no way to turn it on. Guys is there an error with update or did some virus mess up my BD? Any solutions?

Sorry guys, seems that I have raised red flag in vain, the latest update solved the problem for me.