Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can't Update My Forum Profile

Options
garioch7
garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure where to post this. Every time I try to edit my profile to add information, via My Controls, (I am a newbie), I get an error message that I am not allowed access to that part of the Board. Why is that?

I am a registered Forum member and have a three-licence pack for BD TS.

Any assistance appreciated. Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

Comments

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options

New members need 20 posts (although I believe the forum rules say 15) before they can add an avatar/signature/etc, this is an anti-spam measure. :)

Shame this makes new members suffer but it is one of the problems with spammers joining to advertise their various sites/pharmaceuticals/general crap.

Forum Rules.

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    New members need 20 posts (although I believe the forum rules say 15) before they can add an avatar/signature/etc, this is an anti-spam measure. :)

Shame this makes new members suffer but it is one of the problems with spammers joining to advertise their various sites/pharmaceuticals/general crap.

Forum Rules.

Rohugh:

Thanks for that information. I was unaware of it and had not read the Forum rules. I guess it makes sense, but I participate in a lot of Forums (Cyberlink, WiseCare, Paragon, ad nauseum) and none of them

a minimum posting setting before allowing a personal profile and avatar to be posted, and those Forums are not being spammed.

Any ways, you have answered my question and I am grateful to you. Have a great weekend.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Rohugh
    Options

Spammers are a real problem on a lot of forums, depends on the "protection" those forums have for new members. Bots can be easily stopped by the Captcha at registration but it doesn't prevent the individual from India or China joining and posting their links. I moderate a very large and active forum and we have to have lots of safeguards as well as not allowing signatures, links in posts, signatures or profiles for the first week and/or 5 posts - but we do allow avatars from the go.

Anyway I digress and am going off topic for the forum so before I get into trouble, have a good weekend as well. :)