Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Antivirus Plus 2013 Blocking Web Access For Utility Program.

Options

As the title says, I am running Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013, and it seems to be actively blocking HTTP traffic for a utility application I need to configure a piece of hardware I recently purchased. The program that is affected is called Gtuner (running v.2.16) and it is used to program and configure a device called the CronusMAX (Website).

Basically, Gtuner is meant to send a small HTTP request for an XML file that lists the current ****** files available for the device. Unfortunately, the HTTP requests are sending successfully, but the response never reaches Gtuner. Bitdefender appears to be the culprit as Gtuner functions properly if I uninstall Bitdefender (my last resort after a night of researching alternative solutions).

So far, I have tried adding both the gtuner.exe process and install directory to my exclusions list (Settings -> Antivirus -> Exclusions). I also tried whitelisting the domain the HTTP request was being sent to (http://www.gamepadproxy.com/sw/) under Privacy Control Settings -> Antiphishing.

What else can I try in order to allow this basic web access to be restored? Thanks in advance for your time!

Comments

• I'ts not the anti virus but the firewall itself. Do a test first. Try to disable the firewall, and see if you can browse the site. smile2.png

I don't have any sort of firewall product from Bitdefender. This was why I chose to mention the exact product I use, Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013.

I primarily use my router as a firewall, as well as Windows Firewall on my machines as a backup. Both of these were configured properly, and the only way for the Gtuner program to function properly was to uninstall the antivirus software completely. From what I have read here on the forums, even the Antivirus from Bitdefender scans basic HTTP traffic (which I did disable under the custom Bitdefender shield options, but it did nothing to resolve the issue.)

I'm fairly competent when it comes to my home network and proper firewall configuration. Based on my experience thus far with trying to correct this situation, I am confident enough to say I'm certain the antivirus is the only part of this equation that needs mending. I do appreciate the suggestion though, as I haven't had any others yet ;) Would love to see some more!

• Bit over three weeks from my first post and no one has any suggestions past my firewall setup? Come on, someone out there has to have experienced a similar issue before. :(

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious ✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Bit over three weeks from my first post and no one has any suggestions past my firewall setup? Come on, someone out there has to have experienced a similar issue before. :(

Sorry for the delay in response. To back up what rickyjm said, Bitdefender Antivirus Plus does NOT have a firewall. This means that it cannot block web traffic. The Antivirus Shield blocks malicious applications, but it wouldn't stop them from connecting to the internet. It does indeed scan HTTP traffic, but only for malicious programs. Because it doesn't have a firewall, it shouldn't interfere with web traffic.

If you want better support than what you get in the forums, you could always contact Bitdefender directly. Set up an email ticket here:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/consumer.html

It does take some time for replies, but eventually you'll get your problem solved. :)

If you do indeed reach a solution, please be sure to post it back here so as to help others who also might have this problem.

• Jigo
    Options

Thanks Captain, for the reply. While I understand that the antivirus doesn't have a firewall per se, it is absolutely responsible for blocking my Gtuner application. As mentioned in my original post, the application functions perfectly fine after I uninstall Bitdefender (again, I only own the antivirus).

However, I wasn't aware of the direct customer support you linked. Thank you so much for bringing it to my attention :) I'll be sure to submit a ticket in hopes of resolving this, and finding a solution for others as well.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello all,

This area of our forums concerns 2013 products.

Please upgrade for free to the latest Bitdefender (2014 version). You can find full information regarding the upgrade in this article (a video tutorial will guide you through all the steps of the installation process). Use the same Bitdefender key to activate the program:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/how-to-...ender--711.html

Should the issue persist afterwards, please post in this area of our forums:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showforum=360

Thank you for your understanding.

This discussion has been closed.