Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Antitheft Locked My Laptop Now I Cannot Get In

Options
simalt
edited February 2014 in My bitdefender

I am not the only one having this problem. I put the antitheft pin on thinking to test it and it rebooted me out of my laptop and now I cannot get in with the typical bitdefender prompt >

I tried to attach a usb keyboard and tried the key from the left side of the numeric pad and still no luck.

My laptop is an HP Envy m4. I do not have any installation CDs with it as none came when I purchased it with Windows 8 64 bit.

If anyone can help I would be grateful. Thanks

My email is [...].

I have written to bitdefender but they have not responded yet.

Simon

Comments

• One thing also my HP Laptop is a UEFI one so in order for me to go back to step one I would have to trash the whole thing.

If bitdefender does not respond today I am removing the software and not going to use it again. Their support is pretty lacklustre considering I paid for my copy.

regards

Simon

• For those who may be interested to know I spoke with UK support this morning the people responded however the call has been escalated as I use a window 8 system with UEFI.

Those of you on Windows 7 and below should be able to plug in a USB keyboard and reset you pin by simply typing it in. My system did not allow that hence why the issue continues.

I told Bitdefender a warning message needs to be on the anti-theft key that only set it if your laptop has been stolen else it can lock you out. This is basic common sense but clearly some of us who want to test the feature out know it works but at the cost of losing the ability to use the laptop until it gets sorted out.

Simon

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited February 2014
    Options

Hello Simon,

Sorry to hear about that.

I found all your 3 tickets in the system. You should receive the solution via email in about 10 minutes, ticket ID 2014022323570002.

Thank you, let me know if you need further assistance.

• Yes I got the fix just now. USB keyboard will not work with Windows 8 laptops so that is out of the question.

The next bit I will have to try it out. Not giving the solutoin away on this forum to protect the security but effectively you have to boot into your system with thirdparty tools and remove some files that block access.

Regards

Simon

• Georgia
    Options

Glad to hear you received our email.

Please don't hesitate to either post back or reply to ticket 2014022323570002 should you need further assistance with those steps.

Hope you have a great week!