Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Lots Of Issues With Bitdefender - Should I Request A Refund?

Options

I bought Bitdefender a few weeks ago. The first AV purchase I've ever made. I don't really need it so much myself because I'm a "power user" and can therefore identify most risks on my own. That was why I bought the family pack. I bought it to better protect the devices of my family and lessen the amount of time I spent cleaning up their devices and making them run smoothly again. I bought it because it was apparently the best software there is with the smallest footprint performance-wise while retaining the highest security.

However ever since I installed Bitdefender, it has been nothing but a nuisance.

First of significantly increased boot times and increased load times. Obviously a little bit of a performance hit is to be expected, but more than I anticipated. That's however not the biggest issue.

I can't disable the Wallet feature. It keeps re-enabling itself and bugs the user about it fairly often. Same goes for the My Bitdefender feature. It keeps popping up and asking for login info. This is similar behavior to malware. Quite disturbing.

The install on my brother's Win 8.1 machine was the most problematic. It actually blocked a lot of software including World of Warcraft. It increased the start up times of World of Warcraft from 1-5 seconds to 2-4 minutes and when the login screen finally came up, it blocked login. Sometimes changing to the 32 bit client worked, but eventually that temporary workaround stopped working as well. I made exceptions on all exe files in the WoW directory in the firewall options as well as added them to the automatic game mode - didn't work. So I tried disabling all modules. This made Bitdefender unstable and made it crash on itself repeatedly. Even after re-enabling the modules, it kept crashing. I tried to repair the install and it basically was worse off than before and wouldn't load properly. It would say "Loading up modules" or something along those lines in the tray icon but would even after 15 minutes not have started up and would not be accessible. Eventually I just uninstalled Bitdefender from that machine and after that everything worked just fine. So the fix was to remove Bitdefender. That's not really a good solution.

I've used Bitdefender on both Win 7 machines and Win 8 machines and neither have left any positive impressions. It acts more like bloat/malware than functional, high security, high performance software. So my question is: should I ask for a refund (do I even have the right to do that?) when the software was more trouble than it was worth. It definitely wasn't worth my money. And there is basically no way that I will renew the subscription nor install it on my own machine since I don't need it personally. I use it on my Android phone though and that was mostly just for the heck of it and it actually works fine on that. The performance on my Android phone was as expected: great and non-intrusive. However I don't really need it on my phone either, so uninstalling it and getting a refund would be better unless Bitdefender or the users of this forum can come up with a proper solution.

TLDR: Not doing what it's supposed to; want refund or fix.

PS. It was also a giant pain to actually register to this forum. I tried several times with my hotmail account and it didn't work. At first I thought it was because I tried from a mobile device (sometimes mobile browser and/or sites don't work together properly), but same thing for desktop. Finally worked with my gmail account.

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

@rourkem.

You realise this thread is almost 7 weeks old and the member hasn't returned to the forums since it was made?

Plus there are lots of other discussions on this including this informative reply from Georgia posted a couple of days ago -

You can check this topic on how to disable them:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=49471

Basically, if you are not interested in using the Wallet you can switch to OFF this module from the Bitdefender interface and then disable these entries either from Task manager of with the help of Autoruns software, available for download here.