Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Antitheft Location Confirmation

Options

Hi I had a burglary 2 nights ago. At the time I checked the location of my laptop and it said it was at my home still. I spoke via the online chat with your teams and sent them a screen grab asking them if they could confirm if this information was correct and was not cached information. They said that this would be escalated ASAP and we are now 36 hours on from the robbery, approximately 33 hours since the initial query with yourselves and I have not as far as I can see had a response back.

I have also asked if at all possible could yourselves release the IP address that is associated so that we can trace this through to the ISP with the police. I'm presuming that this is logged.

I have also asked if the police can have a contact number for yourselves to discuss directly as this is time critical before the laptop no longer reports and all out the possessions that we had stolen from our home go missing almost certainly permanently.

Please help with this if at all possible or at least let me know the update / progress to-date rather than the standard response of "this has been escalated as a priority and we will contact you via email ASAP". This is really about helping us to find our personal belongings.

Anything you can do to help would be great and I really do apologies for raising this in a public forum. I'm hoping there could be some really good publicity for yourselves if our belongings can be recovered. It makes a great story to tell prospects. In-fact the anti theft is one of the reasons I continue to use yourselves.

The downside is that if the location part of the site is not actually connecting to my device and has not had any updates since it has been taken then you have a serious flaw that should be eradicated as the acquired time stamp changes.

It would be useful if you could pull to the dashboard, mac address, public IP address and the time stamp the laptop last reported. With this data a lot can be done through other means to track a location.

I have provided my phone number as part of the chat threads I've had with tech support so please feel free to call or email