Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Over-charged For Auto-renewal

Options

I had subscribed for Bit Defender Internet Security 2013. A few days back it was auto-renewed and I was charged Rs 4191.64.

While the same licence can be purchased for Rs 1999 on Bit Defender website.

This is clear case of over-charging the customer. I fail to understand, how can Bit Defender indulge in such unethical activity.

I have raised request for cancellation of license and refund of the amount, but so far I have failed to received a response from Bit Defender.

Is there anybody else in this forum who has experienced the same? Also, what are the steps I can possibly take to ensure that Bit Defender refunds the amount?

Can someone in Bit Defender have the courtesy to explain why was I overcharged?

Comments

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hello vivek_bd,

Can you just clear something up. Was the original purchase through Bidefender (Avangate) or did you get it through one of the partner sales group? If it was through a partner group you will have to deal with them. How long ago did you contact Bitdefender?

The other thing here is that Bitdefender often runs promotions to get people to try and buy their products, this is no different to any other business. When it comes to renewal it is going to cost more.

Edit: sp

• Nesivos
    Options
    Hello vivek_bd,

Can you just clear something up. Was the original purchase through Bidefender (Avangate) or did you get it through one of the partner sales group? If it was through a partner group you will have to deal with them. How long ago did you contact Bitdefender?

The other thing here is that Bitdefender often runs promotions to get people to try and buy their products, this is no different to any other business. When it comes to renewal it is going to cost more.

Edit: sp

Yep. I got a New BDIS CD and 2 year license for $19.95 on Amazon. People just have to be smart about any kind of license renewal. Another company I have a license with offered a renewal, not an auto-renewal, but an offer to renew for $XX.XX amount. Before I renewed I checked around and found out I could buy a new license for about 15% less on the company's website. So that is what I did.

People really need to learn to turn off auto-renewal or be willing to accept whatever comes with it. Sure it takes more work to renew a license when it isn't auto-renewal and sometimes it is more expensive. However, most companies I deal with offer a renewal that is not an auto-renewal. So it is easy to compare prices before deciding. However, if one doesn't have the time to deal with a manual renewal then just have the license auto-renewal and take what comes.

Another reason I don't use auto-renewal and make sure it is turned off when I buy the license, is because I may not want to renew the license and by turning off auto-renewal when I buy the license I don't have to worry later whether I turned it off or not.

I think it comes down to time. For those who have a lot of things on their table auto-renewal is a convienent way to save time. However, for those whose plate is not usually so full than a manual renewal may be the better way to go.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

@ vivek_bd

Welcome to the Bitdefender forums.

My colleagues from Bitdefender Commercial Service will contact you asap via email ticket ID 2014051212300002.

Thank you for your time, have a nice day!

This discussion has been closed.