Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Reinstalled My Os

Options

I have Bitdefender Internet Security 2014 for 6 months, but when I reinstalled my operating system, it now recognizes my computer as a new PC, and it won't let me use my old plan.

Comments

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    Options

When you say it won't let you use your old plan, is the program not activating? Have you checked to see if it shows in MyBitdefender?

• Nesivos
    Options
    I have Bitdefender Internet Security 2014 for 6 months, but when I reinstalled my operating system, it now recognizes my computer as a new PC, and it won't let me use my old plan.

Can't help you directly about your BD problem but I can tell you this from experience.

If you ever reinstall Windows on a computer it is better to use the previouos "Computer Name" than change it. I used to change it and always had problems like the one you are mentioning. Licensing and network problems were the biggest headaches. Once I learned to keep the same computer name on the reinstall of Windows all those problems disappeared like magic.

• sr2449.sr2449@gmail.com
    Options
    When you say it won't let you use your old plan, is the program not activating? Have you checked to see if it shows in MyBitdefender?

1606jpj.jpg

Bitdefender is currently linked to the 'pc' on the left, when it should be linked to the one on the right (That includes the plan). I reinstalled windows, and it didn't figure out that this is the same computer. I still have some of the files (App data, documents, etc) from before I reinstalled windows.

• Can someone help me with this? Thanks!

• amthack
    Options
    Can someone help me with this? Thanks!

First of all I recommend to contact support,it should be an easy fix.

You also have the option of removing the old computer from there.

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited June 2014
    Options

Go to MyBitdefender, go to your Atomic PCWorkgroups, and remove both devices.

Open the BD GUI and click "MyBitdefender at the top, then "Account Settings" and choose "Log in with another device". Enter the same email etc. as the one you want.

It may take a couple of hours for the details to go through the server but you will be left with just the one device you want.

post-175392-1403454775_thumb.jpg

post-175392-1403454786_thumb.jpg

• Go to MyBitdefender, go to your Atomic PCWorkgroups, and remove both devices.

Open the BD GUI and click "MyBitdefender at the top, then "Account Settings" and choose "Log in with another device". Enter the same email etc. as the one you want.

It may take a couple of hours for the details to go through the server but you will be left with just the one device you want.

All I see is "login with another account"

• Great, now I lose my plan. >.>

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Atomic Cat,

Please choose Login with another account and enter the same email and password chosen for MyBitdefender.

Update Bitdefender a few times and the new device should be linked correctly in the online platform.

Please post back if you encounter further issues.