[escalated to developers] Bd 2014 Blocking Secure Web Pages (banking)

At some time in the recent past a BD update has caused problems accessing certain secure web pages, ie:

https://secure.capitalone360.com/myaccount/...login_pinpad.vm

This is happening in both IE 11 and Firefox 3.0. The page just fails to load.

I have tried several fixes to no avail. The problem is caused by BD since if I turn it off or attempt access in Safe Mode, it works fine.

I have lost the ability to sign on to either Vanguard or Capital One 360.

Please Help!!! :(

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello Firecapt,

I was able to access the URL without disabling the Bitdefender modules.

Please give me more details on what happens after you access https://secure.capitalone360.com/myaccount/banking/login.vm and enter the Customer Number. A screen shot displaying the issue is welcome.

• Firecapt
    Firecapt ✭✭✭

After filling in my Customer Number and pressing Continue, nothing happens. The little circle (on the IE tab) spins but the page doesn't change. If I press Sign In in the upper right hand corner of the page the same thing happens.

I have gone over this problem with Capital One and followed all of their suggestion to no avail.

I can access the account (everything working properly) in Safe Mode, or if I disable all BD components using Msconfig and restarting. This is how I know it is a problem with BD.

I have tried Repairing BD (no change). I uninstalled BD and reinstalled, again no change.

I have run BD scan, Malwarebytes scan, & Super Anti Spyware scans and no threats were found.

This all started recently. I have been able to access all my accounts with no problem up until about 2 weeks ago.

Thanks for your help :)

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Thank you for these details.

Can you please confirm first that the login process works after switching to off all the Bitdefender modules? You have here all the steps:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st&p=194847

One more thing: if you have Bitdefender Internet Security or Bitdefender Total Security, also switch to OFF the button for Parental Control during the tests.

Thank you, please post back the results and, based on this, I will be able to guide you further.

• Firecapt
    Firecapt ✭✭✭

After much testing, it appears the the offending module is Parental Control. The Parental Control module was switched on (on the desktop) but online (My Bitdefender) my computer was not selected; only my Son's computer and phone. In addition, the Categories selected on the My Bitdefender site should not have caused a problem with a banking site. At no time did I get the standard BD notification that the "site had been blocked by parental control." I have had to keep Parental Control turned off (desktop) to continue to access both Capital One 360 and Vanguard.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hello Firecapt,

Thank you very much for taking the time to pinpoint the culprit module. In this case, Bitdefender Desktop Parental Control service is interfering with the login process on Capital One 360. I will forward the case to our developers, to be fixed on our side.

Also, please post back the exact link you access on Vanguard to solve that too.

Thank you for helping us to fix these issues!

• Hello Firecapt,

Thank you very much for taking the time to pinpoint the culprit module. In this case, Bitdefender Desktop Parental Control service is interfering with the login process on Capital One 360. I will forward the case to our developers, to be fixed on our side.

Also, please post back the exact link you access on Vanguard to solve that too.

Thank you for helping us to fix these issues!

I am having this same issue with the Bank of America website. With Parental Controls turned on, I cannot access BofA's website. The parental control is applied to my kids account but for some reason still blocks me when I am logged in on my account which has not been set to have parental controls.

I've even tried adding the permission to the whitelist of my kids account and then tried logging in from their profile to no avail.

Please help resolve this. I am running a 30 day trial of Bitdefender and Parental Control was the #1 reason I decided to give it a try. If I have to turn this off then it defeats the purpose for my planned purchase.

-Texas Mom

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭

Hi Texas Mom, we are aware of this issue and working to fix it.

Please watch this topic for more details: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=56971

We will announce there as soon as we have an ETA from our development team. Thank you!