Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Integrated Support.exe / Elevation Helper

Options

I'm getting frequent error message type requests to "make changes to this computer"

from "Elevation Helper" and "Integrated Support.exe" from Bitdefender SRL.

What's up with these?

thanks!

Comments

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi deb805,

Welcome to the Bitdefender forums.

It looks like you are receving User Account Control notifications asking if you want to run that file.

integratedsupport.exe is a legitimate Bitdefender executable (from C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender) in charge with the part of the product shown in the image below.

From there, you can either contact support or browse the product documentation. There are 2 ways to run this .exe: by clicking on Help & Support link from the lower right bottom of Bitdefender interface or by running the integratedsupport.exe from the above path. Can you confirm if this is the scenario?

post-34114-1404147027_thumb.png

• Hi deb805,

Welcome to the Bitdefender forums.

It looks like you are receving User Account Control notifications asking if you want to run that file.

integratedsupport.exe is a legitimate Bitdefender executable (from C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender) in charge with the part of the product shown in the image below.

From there, you can either contact support or browse the product documentation. There are 2 ways to run this .exe: by clicking on Help & Support link from the lower right bottom of Bitdefender interface or by running the integratedsupport.exe from the above path. Can you confirm if this is the scenario?

Hello. I am also interested in this topic. I am new to Bitdefender and I just received the same notification today--that Elevation Helper is trying to make changes to my PC and should I allow it. No mention has been made of a file called "integratedsupport.exe"; just "Elevation Helper" and that it comes from Bitdefender. As I cannot find a valid reference online that Elevation Helper is part of Bitdefender 2015, I have so far refused the installation, but I would like to know if this is a hack or real. Thank you in advance.

My system runs Windows 7 at 64 bits, btw.

• Hello deb805,

The service Integrated Support.exe is not a separate service while is used to "host" other services. You have to figure out what the hosted service is. You may be able to identify the culprit in event viewer, so please check there.

The most common Integrated Support.exe problem children is Windows Update, so please try disabling updates in system properties. If what you do as mentioned above can deal with the problem, then you'll need to run updates by manual sooner or later.

If not, just have a look at the related post How to Fix HomingClaw.exe Error Completely and Effectively?

Good luck to you! :):):)

This discussion has been closed.