Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Refund Issues.

Options

Sooo I'm having a big issue that is not being solved by the lovely yet slow ticket system. I saw some people had their issues resolved by posting on the forums, so I've decided to give it a try. On August 25, 2014 I received and email saying thank you for your purchase of Bitdefender Total Security 2015. This was a purchase that I did not make. It has cost me 89 dollars straight from my bank account which is a big issue for me, since it sent me into -48 dollars. When I saw this, I immediately filled out a form for a refund, since on their support page it says I can get a refund within 30 days of purchase. When I sent in a ticket, I was met with this reply:

Thank you for contacting us in regards to this matter.

Please be kindly informed that you were charged for an auto renewal order. When you first purchased Bitdefender on 2013/06/27 you agreed with the automatic license renewal option and consequently your license was now renewed automatically.

Several email notifications have been sent to you, informing you about the license expiry date and the fact that the automatic license renewal is enabled for your account. You received also further instructions on how to deactivate

this option if you prefer to renew your license manually. Since this option was still enabled, the automatic renewal has been processed by our system.

For any other inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a nice day

Now there are quite a few issues with this response. How can I get an auto renewal charge for Bitdefender Total Security 2015, with a product purchased in 2013? On top of which, I did not receive ANY emails stating that I had an auto renewal happening soon. Also, I still have an active 2014 Bitdefender Total Security that remains active for 100+ more days. Even more to add, there is an auto renewal support page here :http://www.bitdefender.com/support/i-do-not-want-the-automatic-renewal-542.html

Which states that if I was not notified, or do not want it, all I have to do is send in a support ticket to get a refund. It also states that 7 days prior I will receive and automatic renewal email. It does not say they will send me several. As you can see in their response to my ticket, I was not granted a refund. Seeing how they took this directly out of my bank account, this is a very time sensitive manner. But, time sensitive as it was, they couldn't answer me until the next day at 4:55 in the morning. I answered their response with quotes from their support page saying that I should be able to get a refund either way, especially since it is not only within the 30 day period but the request was originally filled out within 24 hours of the so called purchase. I still have not received a response from that. Is there any help anyone on here can give me?

Comments

• I can only but shake my head at companies like Sony, Home Depot, and others who ###### people off and then they wonder why they were hacked into. Bitedefender and Avangate certainly are ###### me off with them and their support staff.

$ tickets and an email directly to Avangate about refund within 2 weeks and nothing done just automated replies.

New Open ticket: 2015010310110002

New Open ticket: 2015010519410003

New Open ticket: 2015010307550001

Anything done you ask ? NO just automated replies.

Shane the1voice4u@gmail.com I think you get idea by email address.....i am the voice for you and I get things done !! Let me know if you have trouble !!

• My wife and I purchased Bitdefender Total Security 2014 in 2013 and it was paid for through my wife's credit card at a cost of $89.95. When the licence came up for renewal I renewed for Total Security 2015 online at the discounted price of $39.95 but Bitdefender have also charged my wife's credit card for the renewal again at the full price. I contacted Bitdefender two weeks ago and I am dealing with an individual in their Customer Service Department who is not all there. He / she takes two or three days to respond to my emails, I have repeatedly sent and re-sent copies of credit card statements and billing receipts and he / she still does not get it. When I was informed that I should have contacted them about this issue within a 30 day period I wrote back that I had done so, in fact it was 23 days since the billing of the full amount of $89.95 and the time that my wife received her credit card statement and so it goes on and on and on. Their website states "Continuous Protection provided by Bitdefender will keep your computer protected from latest viruses and Internet threats by Automatically Renewing your subscription at the then-current renewal price plus applicable tax. You will be notified by email about renewal prior to the expiration of your subscription. Without taking any actions you authorize Avangate, online vendor of Bitdefender, to automatically charge your credit card by using the contact and billing information you provided for your purchase today". But we never received any such notification. All we want is our money back but in dealing with the individual in Customer Service who is responding to my emails I feel that it will be a very long time before this matter is settled to our satisfaction.

• Same here. Received an offer to renew early at a discount. Turned auto-renew off and took advantage of the offer. Somewhere between the renewal and downloading the 2015 version the auto renew must have defaulted back to On as I was billed again. Opened a ticket and received several robo responses. Posted here and got nowhere. Opened a dispute with PayPal and that generated a response to which BD claimed they can't refund the money during a dispute as my account is blocked. (Of course had they just refunded or even responded in a timely manner I wouldn't have had to go that route). So now they want me to either close the dispute or let it run it's course (PayPal suggests it takes 10 business days). I'm sticking with the dispute as I have much more faith that they will respond if PayPal is involved.

Absolute shame that such a good product has such lousy support.

• ozziebear
    Options
    Same here. Received an offer to renew early at a discount. Turned auto-renew off and took advantage of the offer. Somewhere between the renewal and downloading the 2015 version the auto renew must have defaulted back to On as I was billed again. Opened a ticket and received several robo responses. Posted here and got nowhere. Opened a dispute with PayPal and that generated a response to which BD claimed they can't refund the money during a dispute as my account is blocked. (Of course had they just refunded or even responded in a timely manner I wouldn't have had to go that route). So now they want me to either close the dispute or let it run it's course (PayPal suggests it takes 10 business days). I'm sticking with the dispute as I have much more faith that they will respond if PayPal is involved.

Absolute shame that such a good product has such lousy support.

Hi...Yes that's correct. Every time you renew your subscription the auto renewal is turned back on. And I agree that it is an absolute shame that the customer support is horrible.

• floridajh@gmail.com
    edited January 2015
    Options
    All we want is our money back but in dealing with the individual in Customer Service who is responding to my emails I feel that it will be a very long time before this matter is settled to our satisfaction.

Open a dispute with your credit card company.

I have been waiting for support since 12/31/14 for a crippling issue that requires I load a restore point every few reboots. I've sent several follow up emails requesting assistance but it seems as if my emails are completely ignored.

I recently renewed my license and I'm thinking if this is the support that is offered I'd rather take my chances with another product. On principle I have already notified my credit card company and even though it's well over 30 days since I renewed they told me that I can certainly open a dispute and the decision would most likely be in my favor.

I can wipe my PC and re-install, and may have to, but that is beside the point. I paid for the product and support and to totally ignore major support issues is nothing but misleading.

I will post my results here when all is said and done.

• Nesivos
    Nesivos
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Open a dispute with your credit card company.

I have been waiting for support since 12/31/14 for a crippling issue that requires I load a restore point every few reboots. I've sent several follow up emails requesting assistance but it seems as if my emails are completely ignored.

I recently renewed my license and I'm thinking if this is the support that is offered I'd rather take my chances with another product. On principle I have already notified my credit card company and even though it's well over 30 days since I renewed they told me that I can certainly open a dispute and the decision would most likely be in my favor.

I can wipe my PC and re-install, and may have to, but that is beside the point. I paid for the product and support and to totally ignore major support issues is nothing but misleading.

I will post my results here when all is said and done.

Not disputing what you wrote but as this is your first post I have to wonder why you never posted here about your problem.

• Not disputing what you wrote but as this is your first post I have to wonder why you never posted here about your problem.

Regarding the PC problem, I've searched the forums and google and was unable to find anything specific to what I'm experiencing. I really don't have much time to experiment with the hundreds of potential solutions found and I want to avoid a complete reload if at all possible. The one thing I've discovered is that my PC runs fine consistently without BD installed, thus I decided to use support for the first time in the 4+ years I've been using this product.

Now I understand there is no guaranteed service level agreement with BD, but I'm beyond frustrated at the lack of response after this amount of time. I've sent two emails asking for a simple acknowledgement from a human that my problem is at least in queue and have received nothing. A response would have been satisfactory but for all I know at this moment my issue will never be addressed. I admit I'm probably less tolerant than most because I work in IT and if my tickets aren't closed or at least addressed within 24 hours I'm required to provide explanation.

Yes, you are correct. I could have posted in the forum but I did purchase a product along with support which I chose to use as my first avenue to resolution. If I can't even get an acknowledgment from a human then the question of whether upper level support even exists is left to the imagination.

It's sad really. It's a great product when it's working but this experience has left me very discouraged. I can get equal protection with at least the same level of support for much less money.

(To the OP, sorry to stray off topic)