Windows Update Issue

Since updating to 2015, every time I reboot Windows, automatic update is switched off. The icon in the toolbar shows a cross and I have to go into Action Centre and switch it back on.

Is this a known issue and is there a way to stop it and make Windows Update settings stick?

Thanks

John

Comments

• Hiya John,

Yes some users have been seeing this and it is, I believe, linked to Profiles. Open the BD GUI, go to Tools>Profiles and untick the "Let Autopilot Manage my Profiles". You will now stay in the Standard Profile (with full AV coverage of course) and see if that solves your problem.

• Thanks - Ill give that a go tonight!

• I'm sorry to say that the fix did not work. I still had to go back in to switch to automatic updates.

Also after every boot Java Update ask for permission to run.

John

• However if I switch Profiles OFF altogether the problem stops.

Will this be fixed? Shame not to have this feature...

John

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.