Pre-sales Questions: Bitdefender Internet Security 2015

I'm an experienced computer professional. I've been researching antivirus programs with web protection. My main criteria is low CPU usage, incoming email scanning, above average to excellent detection rates, and a 2-way firewall. I'm looking at purchasing Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 for my family to replace Avira (because of lots of false positives, only a one-way firewall, poor detection rates, popup ads on paid Avira). I sometimes have to help people over the phone so I like verbose dialogs. I have a few questions that I can't find in the BIS 2015 user manual:

1. I need email scanning - that is, if an email is being downloaded using Outlook, I want to scan the email BEFORE it gets on a computer.

- How exactly does Bitdefender do this? Does it scan non-standard ports as well besides POP3 Port 25?

- What type of alert comes up if a virus is detected?

- Does Bitdefender scan SSL email?

- Is outgoing email scanned?

2. Some of our computers use Agnitum Outpost Firewall. Can I use all features of BIS 2015 except the firewall?

3. On the product demos I see on YouTube virus alerts do not tell you what the virus detected is, it just says "Malicious Application Detected" in the lower-right of the screen. Can I have Bitdefender also tell in that popup exactly what virus/malware was detected, or do I have to look in the logs for that?

Thank you, so far Bitdefender is my first choice.

Comments

• - Does Bitdefender scan SSL email?

Yes it does. It is under the Antiphishing Tab. 1.gif