Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Appears To Have Updated By Itself While Offline?

Options
Revo142
edited December 2014 in General

I was using my computer offline, wireless card disabled, no Ethernet connected. Bitdefender was displaying the yellow "you are vulnerable" status due to not updating because I was offline. All the sudden it changes to green, and says "you are protected". Is this a known glitch?

Edit: I looked at the events window, and it says "Update encountered an error" at the time it switched from yellow to green. So it diddnt actually update, just some sort of bug I guess? Could it be a virus messing with my system?

If anyone knows anything about this, let me know! Thanks!

Comments

• Rohugh
    Rohugh ✭✭
    edited December 2014
    Options

Hiya,

I don't see how this is possible without an internet connection, however I guess strange things can happen. :unsure: There is another discussion here about a similar situation.

Ro.

Edit: Wrong link

• Revo142
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Hiya,

I don't see how this is possible without an internet connection, however I guess strange things can happen. :unsure: There is another discussion here about a similar situation.

Ro.

Edit: Wrong link

Thanks for the link. I think the reason no one knows about this issue, is because no one uses their computer in this manner (offline), and/or no one has caught this problem happening (its easy to miss, or dismiss; "weird, I guess I was online and forgot").

Also it should be noted that even after it turned green on its own while offline, under the event log, it still shows that bitdefender is constantly attempting to update, and keeps getting an error (cant contact server), this supports my theory that its simply a UI glitch.

If someone is kind enough to test this out: go offline completely, wait for bitdefender to turn yellow, then stay offline and see if bitdefender turns green on its own within the next few hours; if it happen to other people, we can confirm that its simply a glitch. Any takers :) ?

• Rohugh
    Options

OK, I started my Win 7 computer and disabled the wireless link, I don't need it for a couple of days. The GUI is green as there was an update from yesterday when I used it for a while, we will see what happens.

Ro.

• Rohugh
    Options

Well, I am confuzzled now. After turning off my wireless link and seeing a number of failed attempts to update it apparently turned on itself and BD updated, certainly nothing I did as my only contact with this computer was to check the events log a couple of times- I will run this test again tomorrow.

post-175392-1419787813_thumb.jpg

• Revo142
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Well, I am confuzzled now. After turning off my wireless link and seeing a number of failed attempts to update it apparently turned on itself and BD updated, certainly nothing I did as my only contact with this computer was to check the events log a couple of times- I will run this test again tomorrow.

Thanks a lot for doing this! When you say it turned on itself, are you confirming that your wireless card turned on on its own to update bitdefender :blink: ? Or did you simply mean bitdefender turned green on its own?

Also, after it "successfully updated" in the logs, did you see any more unsuccessful attempts to update?

• Rohugh
    Options

Hi,

The wireless link turned itself on, I still need to run this check again to verify what happens.

Ro.

post-175392-1419968962_thumb.jpg