Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

A Bad Update On January 1?

Options

I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem:

Did anyone else have a problem with a Bitdefender update yesterday?

About 24 hours ago, my installation of BD IS 2015 began polling for an update, and ended up locking up my system. CPU utilisation went to 100%, and after 2 hours showed no sign of coming down again. The BD desktop gadget was still whirring,

I only had my word processor and e.mail client running at the time, along with two Windows Explorer windows, but it took over an hour to get these to close and my PC (Win 7 x64) to shut down. I restarted in Safe Mode, and tried to complete the BD update there, but the software wouldn't let me. (Why? Wouldn't that seem to be a way to resolve an issue like this?) BD only let me run a repair on the application.

That's been a disaster. It overwrote all my settings (again, why?), and now BD's turned into a tyrant: opening Windows Explorer takes about 15 minutes while BD searches the drive first. I can't find anything in the settings to tell it to do that, so I can't switch it off.

Now I have to spend more hours doing a System Restore, remove BD and reinstall it. Pain in the bum.

Anyone else had a similar problem? Or have suggestions on resolving this?

Does Bitdefender have any process for alerting users about system problems? I can't find one. If there's a bad update goes out -- and the BD support rep said that does happen -- how would I as a customer know?