Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Needs To Put Up A Sticky Post About Auto-renewals

Options

What BD needs to do is put up a post telling users that the default when purchasing a license is auto-renewal.

They need to mention in the post that auto-renewal can be turned off in one of two ways

1. When puchasing a BD license.

2. By going to Avangate and turning off auto-renewal before the auto-renewal kicks in. I have done this in the past and the procedure is very easy. You create a user account with the same email address as the one you used to purchase the BD liense. Your product page will then show you active licenses purchased from Avangate. From there you can go to all your licenses individually and turn off the auto-renewal.

BD should also include in the post the procedure that users can use to ask for a refund.

While Bd Marketing people may hate the idea of such a sticky post, BD users would greatly appreciate it and it would do wonders for BD customer relations.

Comments

• No, they DO NOT need to put a sticky.

What they need to do is put a proper OPT-IN like all the honest companies do.

• No, they DO NOT need to put a sticky.

What they need to do is put a proper OPT-IN like all the honest companies do.

No, they need to do both!

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

TOTALLY AGREE. It is a shame that BD continues this marketing practice. I have to, in good conscience, warn potential customers. I am very happy with BD products and recommend them, but this deceptive

marketing is a real negative.

Just my two cents (wait a second, I live in Canada, and with our dropping dollar, I guess that is just my cent and a half!) :blink:

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Mallard65
    Options

In complete agreement.

Shame that Bitdefender feel that they have to adopt this approach. If you had enough confidence in your product/solution, customers would want to renew or upgrade to a higher product.

• daman1
    edited February 2015
    Options

The sad thing about threads like this one and many others including support problems is it falls upon deaf ears, no one(BD) ever acknowledges these threads and post a solution and acknowledges it.