Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Ruined My Fps As Of 1/26/15

Options

So suddenly my FPS went to ###### on any 3D application.

After extensive troubleshooting, I decided to do a MS Restore point.

Apparently Bitdefender doesnt play well with restore points. Disabling it didnt help. I had to remove the product to get a restore to run properly, and then it was kind of a borked restore.

I noticed after REMOVING the product that FINALLY my FPS problems were MAGICALLY FIXED!

I then restored another restore point which promptly put a half-working version of the product back on my PC, and then i had to jump through hoops to get THAT removed as well, finally getting a working uninstallation tool, running it, restoring again, then running the tool again.

Needless to say, combined with the issues ive had with the steam overlay, which apparently are NOT NEW and have happened before, and now this hours long adventure fixing my PC again.........I am going back to ESET.

I just bought 6 or 7 licenses for this software, and I am thoroughly ###### off. I expect you guys to make your product start working with MS Restore, and to REFIX the issue with steam overlay, and to IMMEDIATELY address whatever this problem with all 3D applications is.

I will tentatively reinstall your product again in 24 hours, I guess i just wont surf the net until then since I CANT USE any of the 7 LICENSES I bought without making my PC run horribly on any 3D application.

NOT A GOOD WAY TO START A PROBABLE LIFELONG SUBSCRIPTION, I ONLY CHOSE YOUR PRODUCT FROM ADVICE FROM A FRIEND...........THE SAME ONE WHO DIRECTED ME TO ESET YEARS AGO!!!!!! I WAS HAPPY WITH ESET!!!!!!

Comments

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious ✭✭✭
    edited January 2015
    Options
    So suddenly my FPS went to ###### on any 3D application.

After extensive troubleshooting, I decided to do a MS Restore point.

Apparently Bitdefender doesnt play well with restore points. Disabling it didnt help. I had to remove the product to get a restore to run properly, and then it was kind of a borked restore.

I noticed after REMOVING the product that FINALLY my FPS problems were MAGICALLY FIXED!

I then restored another restore point which promptly put a half-working version of the product back on my PC, and then i had to jump through hoops to get THAT removed as well, finally getting a working uninstallation tool, running it, restoring again, then running the tool again.

Needless to say, combined with the issues ive had with the steam overlay, which apparently are NOT NEW and have happened before, and now this hours long adventure fixing my PC again.........I am going back to ESET.

I just bought 6 or 7 licenses for this software, and I am thoroughly ###### off. I expect you guys to make your product start working with MS Restore, and to REFIX the issue with steam overlay, and to IMMEDIATELY address whatever this problem with all 3D applications is.

I will tentatively reinstall your product again in 24 hours, I guess i just wont surf the net until then since I CANT USE any of the 7 LICENSES I bought without making my PC run horribly on any 3D application.

NOT A GOOD WAY TO START A PROBABLE LIFELONG SUBSCRIPTION, I ONLY CHOSE YOUR PRODUCT FROM ADVICE FROM A FRIEND...........THE SAME ONE WHO DIRECTED ME TO ESET YEARS AGO!!!!!! I WAS HAPPY WITH ESET!!!!!!

Correlation ≠ causation

If you wanted to find out if Bitdefender REALLY was the cause of your problems, why did you do a restore point? Why didn't you just do a simple uninstall? As a hard core PC gamer myself, I've never experience a drop in frame rate due to Bitdefender, and I've been using Bitdefender for the last 2 years.

This shows you have no clue what you are doing with a computer. System Restore points are only supposed to be used in a state if emergency to restore your system to a more stable state. It's not a troubleshooting tool.

Second of all, Bitdefender ships with a Game Mode. If anything, just activate that before you start your games.

• BOFH
    Options

Correlation ≠ causation

If you wanted to find out if Bitdefender REALLY was the cause of your problems, why did you do a restore point? Why didn't you just do a simple uninstall? As a hard core PC gamer myself, I've never experience a drop in frame rate due to Bitdefender, and I've been using Bitdefender for the last 2 years.

This shows you have no clue what you are doing with a computer. System Restore points are only supposed to be used in a state if emergency to restore your system to a more stable state. It's not a troubleshooting tool.

Second of all, Bitdefender ships with a Game Mode. If anything, just activate that before you start your games.

I did uninstall bitdefender, it was the last thing I did, not thinking it could have been the cause of my problems out of nowhere, but turns out it was. I never had any issues with it either in the 2 months I had it, but out of the blue it did cause my issues, and was removed fixing my issue. It was the very last thing I did to remove the problem because like you, I did not even consider it to be possible.

I did the system restore point because I had exhausted all my ideas, not considering bitdefender to be the issue, so I threw my hands up and went for a last ditch effort. It was bitdefenders inability to allow me to do a proper restore that even prompted me to try removing it, which SURPRISE, fixed my FPS issue completely.

thanks for your marvelous "holier than thou" response from a student. it is people like you is why in my 25 year long illustrious IT career I refuse to allow ingrate interns into my shop.

thanks for pontificating and showing your ignorance. please go find some other thread to troll.

• Captain Obvious
    Options
    I did uninstall bitdefender, it was the last thing I did, not thinking it could have been the cause of my problems out of nowhere, but turns out it was. I never had any issues with it either in the 2 months I had it, but out of the blue it did cause my issues, and was removed fixing my issue. It was the very last thing I did to remove the problem because like you, I did not even consider it to be possible.

I did the system restore point because I had exhausted all my ideas, not considering bitdefender to be the issue, so I threw my hands up and went for a last ditch effort. It was bitdefenders inability to allow me to do a proper restore that even prompted me to try removing it, which SURPRISE, fixed my FPS issue completely.

thanks for your marvelous "holier than thou" response from a student. it is people like you is why in my 25 year long illustrious IT career I refuse to allow ingrate interns into my shop.

thanks for pontificating and showing your ignorance. please go find some other thread to troll.

More like 25 years of outdated knowledge. People like you are exactly why there's a "crisis" among people over 40 years of age who can't find a job. And to think they actually wonder why...

• ozziebear
    Options
    More like 25 years of outdated knowledge. People like you are exactly why there's a "crisis" among people over 40 years of age who can't find a job. And to think they actually wonder why...

Dear Captain Oblivious...The purpose of this forum is to help people, not insult them. Time for you to grow up.

• Georgia
    Georgia ✭✭✭
    edited February 2015
    Options

@ BOFH Sorry to hear about the issues you are having with Bitdefender on your system and thank you for letting us know. To further investigate the problem you are facing, please send an email to bitsy@bitdefender.com

Or submit a ticket from this platform:

https://www.facebook.com/bitdefender/app_268724459959771

Thank you!

@ Captain Obvious Please take into consideration that this forum is a public place. Treat everyone else just like you want to be treated. You may want to read again Bitdefender forum rules: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act...f=433&id=18

Thank you for your understanding.