Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Total Security Firewall Refusing To Remember Ie Rules

Options
Paul.Davis
edited February 2015 in General

The firewall component of Total Security 2015 is refusing to remember any rules for Internet Explorer on my Windows 8.1 system. Bit Defender Internet Security was equally poor and remembering rules but I still upgraded!!

Every time I open Internet Explorer Total or launch a link to another tab Security's firewall intervenes but never remembers the rule. I've tried Bitdefender's recommended fudge of deleting the rule from Firewall and entering it manually but nothing has changed.

I've set rules manually for both the 32bit and 64bit executables which Firewall completely ignores.

Is there anything else I can try, it's driving me to distraction and towards a competitor's product.

I'd assumed that this rather basic issue would have been resolved in the move to 2015 from 2014, but it would appear not.

--- Update ----

Firewall appears to be creating a new Internet Explorer rule every time I run it, so I've had dozens of rules; deleting them all and setting up another rule manually doesn't help.

Comments

• Resetting the rules and a complete uninstall/re-install doesn't help either. Firewall continues to offer to Allow/Block every time Internet Explorer is run or links to a new tab and sets up a new tcp rule.

• Rampant
    Options

Turn off this mode.

post-39675-1422909426_thumb.png

• Thanks for the reply, but I'd rather keep an eye on what the Firewall's letting through.

I uninstalled using the Bitdefender uninstall utility and then reinstalled Total Security and that seems to have done the trick.