Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall Rule Doesn't Work

Options

Hello,

I'm trying to block a specific .exe file through the firewall. To do that I added a rule pointing to the same .exe file, marked it as an untrusted network type and marked deny on permission. I've done this several times to make sure there aren't any errors in the path or anything. I watched the rule being added to the rule list in the firewall with "Any" under the protocol column and "Deny" under the permission one. The weird thing is that when I try to open that .exe afterwards to make sure it does get blocked by the firewall it just doesn't. I even get an "Application allowed to access network" from the firewall's event log (the event details show that it is indeed that same .exe file I'd just opened).

Am I doing anything wrong? Is there a way to perhaps have Bitdefender ask me before allowing anything (like an extra cautious mode) and thus create a rule that would actually work?

I use Bitdefender 2015 Total Security.

Comments

• RDWM
    Options

I was having trouble fire walling photoshop...

• IdanP
    Options

Hi again,

This still doesn't work. Tried messing around with the settings again but it keeps forwarding it regardless of the type of rule I add. Can anyone tell me if I am doing something wrong?