Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Slows Down The First-time Start-up Of Some Applications

Options

I have a problem in using Bitdefender Total Security 2015.

Everyday, when I open the computer and double click some application to start up them, I need to wait for a long time (I think it is more than 10 seconds) until the window of that application appear.

If I close that application and reopen it, then the window will appear immediately.

I mean, this problem only occurs when I lauch the application for the first time after the start-up of the computer.

This problem does not happen in some widely used applications, such as the mainstream browsers, MS-Office, Visual Studio, etc.

But it actually happens in some "non-mainstream" applications, including my desktop dictionary (Youdao Dictionary) and my IM software (Tecent QQ)。

I have not contacted the customer service on this issue, because I cannot confirm that whether this is a "bug" or a "feature".

Is anyone here annoyed with the same problem?

Comments

• Nesivos
    Nesivos
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I have a problem in using Bitdefender Total Security 2015.

Everyday, when I open the computer and double click some application to start up them, I need to wait for a long time (I think it is more than 10 seconds) until the window of that application appear.

If I close that application and reopen it, then the window will appear immediately.

I mean, this problem only occurs when I lauch the application for the first time after the start-up of the computer.

This problem does not happen in some widely used applications, such as the mainstream browsers, MS-Office, Visual Studio, etc.

But it actually happens in some "non-mainstream" applications, including my desktop dictionary (Youdao Dictionary) and my IM software (Tecent QQ)。

I have not contacted the customer service on this issue, because I cannot confirm that whether this is a "bug" or a "feature".

Is anyone here annoyed with the same problem?

As I understand it Tancent QQ is a live peer-to-peer TV software app. BD might be scanning the peer connections that add after you load Tancent QQ. Depending on the number of peer-to-peer connections you are connecting to it could take a bit to finish scanning them. You could try entering an exclusion for these but I would not reommend it for security reasons.

Youdao could be loading large translation files or databses from the internet into memory after it starts in which case BD might be scanning those files/databases while they are being loaded. If they are large and depending on the nature of the database design it could take a bit to finish scanning them. You could try entering an excusion for the app but again I would not recommend it for security reasons.