Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Black Screen Befor Login After Gziface Error

Options
yellowSnow
edited July 2015 in General

Hi, big problem here

After a standard restart, at the login screen I had an error talking about gziface.exe and .NET framework, nothing specific, and from then I could never even see the login screen!

Just a black screen, no mouse neither.

Sony Vaio sve1713, windows 8.1 pro 64 bit. Everything was working perfectly.

I haven't done nothing special before.

I've tried a Lot of solutions but without safe mode and restore points it's very hard.

Hoping that google translate work good from italian to english HERE there is the history of my attempts.

Please if you dont'care about italian just click on the links, most of those solutions are from english pages.

Initially it gave me a disk error, but after more than one check disk, ended with no errors, I haven't solved anything more.

Can I remove BitDefender from recovery shell? (not the one in the safe mode, which I can't access, but the one after the Advanced Startup screen)

Please, help, I have work to do and I can't believe it's all about one process fault..

Comments

• Lionet
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Hi, big problem here

After a standard restart, at the login screen I had an error talking about gziface.exe and .NET framework, nothing specific, and from then I could never even see the login screen!

Just a black screen, no mouse neither.

Sony Vaio sve1713, windows 8.1 pro 64 bit. Everything was working perfectly.

I haven't done nothing special before.

I've tried a Lot of solutions but without safe mode and restore points it's very hard.

Hoping that google translate work good from italian to english HERE there is the history of my attempts.

Please if you dont'care about italian just click on the links, most of those solutions are from english pages.

Initially it gave me a disk error, but after more than one check disk, ended with no errors, I haven't solved anything more.

Can I remove BitDefender from recovery shell? (not the one in the safe mode, which I can't access, but the one after the Advanced Startup screen)

Please, help, I have work to do and I can't believe it's all about one process fault..

Hi yellowsnow,

welcome on the forum!

Could you find some help there?

Gziface.Exe

I just did a CHKDSK on my old computer too this morning...

-_-

Edit: if your CHKDSK did not scan any problems, could it be your video card?

Edit 2: another tip for the black screen: take off the battery, plug off the laptop, press the start button ten seconds, put on the battery, plug on the laptop and restart... (it worked on some other laptops, according to net advices.)

Regards,

L.

• yellowSnow
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Edit: if your CHKDSK did not scan any problems, could it be your video card?

Edit 2: another tip for the black screen: take off the battery, plug off the laptop, press the start button ten seconds, put on the battery, plug on the laptop and restart... (it worked on some other laptops, according to net advices.)

Video card never gave problems, so I suppose it is some login procedure, the battery or some uefi/windows deadlock

As soon as my backup finish to upload on Drive I wiil try your solution, thanks. (I remember I already had some battery issue last year, let's check )

I always let it plugged cause I read litio batteries just have always the same 5 year duration approximatively, it's independent of how much do you keep it plugged. But in these days it's very hot here and my pc is always on, so.. let's hope it works

• Lionet
    Options
    Video card never gave problems, so I suppose it is some login procedure, the battery or some uefi/windows deadlock

As soon as my backup finish to upload on Drive I wiil try your solution, thanks. (I remember I already had some battery issue last year, let's check )

I always let it plugged cause I read litio batteries just have always the same 5 year duration approximatively, it's independent of how much do you keep it plugged. But in these days it's very hot here and my pc is always on, so.. let's hope it works

Hi yellowSnow,

Right! save your precious data...

The tip I read deals with a Toshiba laptop on a french forum, but it could work with another brand, couldn't it?

Besides, however queer it seems, I notice many times in my company, when i have a problem and I call the IT department, the usual answer is "reboot twice" or shut down the machine, before the IT helper asks for the distance control to settle the issue... they do not give me "scientific" explanation but it works sometimes, so...

You're right to stress the heat factor... It could shut down a laptop.

Good luck!

L. ;)

• it's sad there aren't other solutions, cause all that I've found didn't work

- it doesn't go to sleep mode

- uefi is already enabled

- I have deleted c:\windows\system32\fntcache.dat

- I've added a new administrator user

- removed the battery and start the pc with it plugged and anplugged

- I've even renamed gziface.exe from the prompt

Nothing is freakin changed.

I will sue Bitdefender.. I can't loose other work days for a stupid file. That's incredible !