Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Windows 10 Rollback To Windows 7 And Bitdefender

Options

After I rolled back from my Windows 10 upgrade (some serious problems but not for this forum) back to Windows 7 I had to reinstall my Bitdefender Total Security. I ran the uninstall tool to ensure that I was working from a clean install then I downloaded the 64bit version for my laptop.

When I try to install the software it throws up and error box that says that the software I have downloaded is for a 32bit processor and it cannot load onto my PC which is a 64bit machine! I double-checked the downloaded file and it clearly stated that it was the 64bit version. How bizzare is that.

However, to be absolutely sure I hadn't done something wrong, I deleted the downloaded files, downloaded the uninstall tool again and went through the procedure for the second time. I then carefully downloaded an installation file (double-checked that it was a 64bit version) and started the installation again - the same problem occured! Clearly there is something wrong somewhere so I raised a support ticket with Bitdefender on Sunday and I am still awaiting a resolution - in the meantime my subscription period is gradually ticking away! Hopefully today will see me back to being fully protected.

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

Hello Resman and welcome to the forums,

This 64/32 bit problem has been reported before and appears to be a problem with the Uninstall tool. The post from Georgia may resolve your problem - http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=232470

Ro.

• The link and the instructions therein worked fine Rohugh and all went well with the installation. My thanks to your goodself and to Georgia.

• Rohugh
    Options

All the thanks should go to Georgia, I only remember reading it, but I am glad it sorted things for you.

Ro.