Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 64 Bit - Windows 10

Options

Hi

I recently successfully upgraded from Windows 7 Home 64 bit SP1 to Windows 10 Home 64 bit

It seems that Windows Defender is turned on by default.

I became aware of this when I loaded Aida64 and noticed that Windows Defender was active.

As far as Bitdefender Internet security 2015 is concerned, should Windows Defender be disabled or switched off ?

I will value your opinions - thank you

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

Hiya,

Windows Defender should be switched off (Bitdefender should automatically do that when it is installed). You should not be running two antivirus programs.

I have just upgraded my laptop and Win Defender was turned of by BD install.

Ro.

• Hiya,

Windows Defender should be switched off (Bitdefender should automatically do that when it is installed). You should not be running two antivirus programs.

I have just upgraded my laptop and Win Defender was turned of by BD install.

Ro.

Thanks Rohugh

I uninstalled BDIS from Windows 10, ran the Removal tool, and reinstalled BDIS 2015 64 bit v19

This did switch Windows Defender off.

Something must have 'gone wrong' in the first instal of BDIS.

Thanks again.