Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

The Installer For Bdis 2016 Creates Folders But Doesn't Install Bdis

Options

Hi,

I followed the instructions pinned in this forum to try upgrading from the latest BDIS 2015 to the new 2016 version, but the installer that I downloaded from Bitdefender Central doesn't seem to be working. Running it as an administrator will bring up a small window that says "Downloading Package," but after the download completes the window closes without installing BDIS 2016. The installer's only effect seems to be that it creates new folders and files at C:/Program Files/Bitdefender Agent.

About my computer:

Latest Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 was uninstalled before attempting upgrade to 2016 version

Windows Defender is currently enabled

No error message displayed when using BDIS 2016 installer

Any help getting BDIS installed would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• ranger
    Options

So I recently received this email from Bitdefender after opening a support ticket about my installation problems:

"Please be informed that you have an open Customer Care request, ticket no: (removed), that requires further information from your side to complete. Since we have not heard back from you in a while, please reply to our last e-mail with the necessary information so that we can resolve your issue(s) in the shortest possible time.

Thank you very much for your patience.

Regards,

Bitdefender Customer Care Team"

The e-mail mentions that I should reply to their last e-mail, but this is the first one I ever received from them. It also states that I should include the "necessary information," without any details of what that means. Do I just reply directly this e-mail and include all of the information from the original ticket, or...what?

Thanks for any help.

• Rohugh
    Options

Hiya,

Yes, reply to that email and explain that was the first email you have received from them and ask what information they require.

Ro.