Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Central Was Not Publicly Beta Tested?

Options

This was a major mistake or maybe oversight on Bitdefender's part.

During the Beta test of BDTS 2016 I had to use Bitdefender Central. However, I was given a one time Beta test subscription for 30 days. That was it. Most likely all other Beta testers were given a similar 30 day subscription. Clearly this does not reflect the real world. For one thing I was never asked to enter any valid license that I had which is what Bitdefender Central uses to generate a valid subscription so you can download and install Bitdefender products.

This was a major and I mean a major mistake by Bitdefender. I have only been able to install BDTS 2016 on one computer and it took an hour long conversation with Bitdefender Support to make it happen. My Android tablet did auto-upate to Mobile 2016 but to do that Bitdefender had to mess with my Bitdefender Cental account. In doing so they inactivated BDTS 2016 on the one computer I had it installed on. So I uninstalled it. A few hours later I was able to again access Bitdefender Cental and it showed that BDTS 2016 was again active for that computer. I then reinstalled BDTS 2016 on that computer.

In addition I have spent countless hours in other phone calls with Bitdefender Support, Writing emails trying to explain my license situation which is not straight forward and running support tools to email to them. In addition I have spent countless hours uninstalling and reinstalling. Fortunately I have the time for this but I am doing work for them now trying to help them Beta test Bitdefender Central after Bitdefender 2016 has been released.

I realize installing new systems almost always have major problems in the beginning. Some never even make it into the real world at all or for very long. The larger the new system the less problematic it will work properly when released either internally or externally. I know because I did this for a living for over three decades. The only new system installation I was ever associated with over those thirty years that came in on time, within budget and basically bug free was one I was the project manager on for a publicly traded computer company. Usually these major IT projects are headed up by someone in IT who knows next to nothing about the real world that the eventual users use the system in. It wouldn't surprise me if whoever headed up this project of Bitdefender Central doesn't even own Windows desktop computer.

Most likely the person owns one or more Android tablets because that is only computer where the upgrade went seamlessly for me other than Bitdefender having to take down my access to Bitdefender Central for a few hours. However, I did not have to do squat to upgrade Bitdefender Mobile on my Android tablet. I just happened the day before yesterday after I started up my tablet. In fact the upgrade from Windows 7 and W8.1 to Windows 10 went a lot more seamlessly for me except for BDTS 2015 than the upgrade from BDTS 2015 to BDTS 2016.

Current Grades on upgrade from 2015 to 2016

Mobile - A

Desktop - F

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

I agree with this, I and others are having problems.

At the moment although I have 2016 on my Win 10 Desktop I cannot access Central from the BD GUI, it sends me to a screen telling me the beta is over so the only way to access it is via the web address.

Plus BD Central tells me I have two devices whereas I only have one. I did run 2016 briefly on my Win 8.1 device but because of problems I reverted to 2015, yes I uninstalled correctly. I will not be "upgrading" my other two devices until it is all sorted, staying with 2015.

• Hello Nesivos,

Thank you for your feedback.

As far as you can see from the associated ticket 2015091016100004 the issues reported in this topic are now solved, your only concern at the time being about Windows 10 build 10547.

As mentioned in this topic , we can't guarantee the functionality of Bitdefender products on Windows 10 Insider Preview builds.

This topic will be closed. In case you have any other queries, feel free to open a new topic.

This discussion has been closed.