Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How Can I Open The File Bitdefender_isecurity?

Options

When I download the file bitdefender_isecurity I cannot execute it because none of the programs in my computer opens it.

What previous program should I have pre-installed in order to execute this file and begin to use my Bitdefender? Thanks.

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

Hiya,

Not sure exactly what you have downloaded but you don't need any other programs to download or execute Bitdefender Internet Security. When downloaded you will have an icon on your desktop and an icon in your system tray.

Full instructions for downloading and setting up BD IS are here.

Ro.

• Paul-Robert
    edited September 2015
    Options

Hi Luchjo,

Welcome to the Bitdefender forum.

The online installer for Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 or 2016 is a file called bitdefender_isecurity.exe. It is a file in a format that the computer can directly execute.

It means that there is no need for a secondary program, in order to run it.

If you double click on the file or right click an select: Run as Administrator and you are prompted to choose a program to open the file, you are probably experiencing an error commonly know as Corrupted File Associations.

It is an error caused by corrupted entries in the Windows registry.

In order to troubleshoot the situation, make sure that you remove all previous security solution from the PC, prior to the Bitdefender installation. If the issue still persists, please provide us with a screenshot displaying the message and the Windows Operating system running on the PC.