Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Active Threat Control Disabling

Options

The ATC dont stay enabled. I active it in the GUI settings but if I close the GUI settings and open again, ATC is disabled

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

Hello calcu007,

There is a similar topic here with a couple of posts from Georgia, I suggest you send in the details she requests in post #4.

Ro.

• Nesivos
    Options
    The ATC dont stay enabled. I active it in the GUI settings but if I close the GUI settings and open again, ATC is disabled

I have been through this problem.

My guess is that if at some point you uninstalled Bitdefender 2016 even wiith the New Bitdefender Uinstall Tool and then resinstalled you could be having a problem with Bitdefender Agent which is new for Bitdefender 2016. Using the New Bitdefender Uninstall Tool does remove the Bitdefender Agent unless Bitdefender has updated the uninstall tool to do this. If you reinstall Bitdefender without having firstly removed the Bitdefender Agent folder and its Windows Registry entries you could run into a conflict thus causing your problem.

I am not saying that is what is happening in your case, however it did for me and I had to finally not only use the New Bitdefender Uninstall Tool but to manually remove the Bitdefender Agent folder which is a pain to remove. I then cleaned out the Windows Registry. After that I did a clean reinstall and everything worked.

Again, I am not sayiing that this is what is causing the problem for you but it was for me. In your case the best way to go is to send in the zipped file from running the Support Tool unless you are an advanced Windows user and want to try my suggestion. In another post I listed the 16 steps I went through to get a clean uninstall of Bitdefender 2016 including removing all Windows Registry entires. It was a a royal pain. Again I do not suggest messing with the Windows Registry or trying to manually delete the Bitdefender Agent folder unless you are an advanced Windows user.