Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 Too Much Memory Above 1gb

Options

It is happening lately and it uses so much RAM, I tried disabling some features, it doesn't work.

0uHtkap.png

It's left 98 days, but sincerely I'm considering to get rid of this antivirus, very ram intensive and some apps start very slow even though my ram hasn't been used up.

Is there any way to restart the antivirus service? maybe that way it can release the unused ram, since it might be a memory leak, because no other program can get above 1GB in my machine till now, only BitDefender, not even Adobe products.

BTW: It is runing on Windows 10 Pro 64bits, and it keeps popping up App Altered xxxxxxxxx message and when clicking it, doesn't list this message in the events log. xxx = some hexadecimal long numbers

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

Hello Robertow,

I assume you are using V. 19 of Bitdefender 2015, however it would be an idea to update to BD 2016.

How to upgrade for free to 2016

• Thanks for your answer.

And this is the popup message that keeps showing randomly, nothing shows in the event log window.

Ds5YZNA.png

Bitdefender has detected an altered app:

ec2d------.

More details.

• Rohugh
    Options

I haven't seen that notification so I can't be much help, sorry. Clicking the blue "Mas detalles" takes you to the Events list? You have looked through all the events?

Ro.

• Yes, but not new events are listed, this was in the 2015 version.