Bug Report - Total Security 2016 - 10-11-15 Update

After Bitdefender Total Security 2016 updated itself yesterday, I noticed two issues that were not present before:

- The false-positives that I had manually added in the exclusion list were being re-scanned and "disinfected".

I removed and re-added the exclusions twice. Both times, trying to "Browse" for the file resulted in the window freezing. Manually typing the path to the exclusion was accepted but did not result in a successful exclusion of the file (it got picked up again)*.

- After the disinfection, for some weird reason all the icons that were pinned in the taskbar disappeared after a reboot (Windows 10 Pro x64 EN).

Unpinning and re-pinning them successfully fixed the issue but it appears that during the "disinfection" process the antivirus module botches something up in the Windows registry.

As an added piece of information, after the suite auto-updated and asked for a reboot, it originally failed to load (gray taskbar icon). It required a second restart of the system to return to proper function.

*I STRONGLY suggest that the exclusion list functions not in the form of a path but by actually excluding the targeted file's signature (hash, CRC, whatever works best).

That way, even if the user renames or moves the file it won't be picked up again.

Comments