Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Detecting Local Ip Port Scan Breaks Windows Homegroup

Options

I have two computers on my local LAN and both are running Total Security 2016. Bitdefender is detecting a port scan from the other computer on my local LAN and once it detects the scan it shuts down the connection and breaks my homegroup. The other computer is my file server so I have to have access. If I reboot the computer detecting the port scan the homegroup will work fine until it detects the port scan.

I saw some previous posts for older versions that were detecting the local DNS as a port scan, but the error message I'm getting in the log only mentions the other PC's IP address and does not mention my local DNS IP or a remote DNS IP.

This issue just started today and I've been running 2016 for a while now. The only thing that has changed is that yesterday Bitdefender crashed on the computer detecting the port scan.

Comments

• pamulli
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I have two computers on my local LAN and both are running Total Security 2016. Bitdefender is detecting a port scan from the other computer on my local LAN and once it detects the scan it shuts down the connection and breaks my homegroup. The other computer is my file server so I have to have access. If I reboot the computer detecting the port scan the homegroup will work fine until it detects the port scan.

I saw some previous posts for older versions that were detecting the local DNS as a port scan, but the error message I'm getting in the log only mentions the other PC's IP address and does not mention my local DNS IP or a remote DNS IP.

This issue just started today and I've been running 2016 for a while now. The only thing that has changed is that yesterday Bitdefender crashed on the computer detecting the port scan.

I've opened a ticket and posted on here and not a single response from either one. I will not be renewing this product and am ready to rip it out and go to someone that actually supports their product. Oh and yes I am leaving a review everywhere I can find stating just how bad the tech support is.