Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

So....what Happens Again When I Shutdown Instead Of Reboot?

Options

I'm normally very good with rebooting my computer right away when it is necessary. Windows needs to reboot for updates? I drop everything and reboot. Installed a new driver? Reboot. Bitdefender informs me I need to reboot? I do just that.

However, last night was an exception. I was working on a report that I was already late in creating. So when Bitdefender informed me I needed to reboot my system, I actually stalled in doing so. Two hours later, I completed my report. It was late at night at the time, so I decided to shut down my computer. As I was watching the shutdown sequence, it hit me. Bitdefender said I needed to reboot! I know that you can corrupt an update if you do that with Windows Update, but are there any negative effects for doing the same to a Bitdefender update?

Comments

• mdgboxx
    Options

As much as I can tell,

Reboot puts you in a loop that shuts down the computer then restarts to allow a downloaded item to properly install.

The same thing happens with computer shutdown, except that the item, that has been downloaded, will install, only when you restart manually.

It has happen that I downloaded an upgrade, while I was doing something else, kept doing whatever, the reboot pop-up would then move to the background, and I'd forget about it.

It would then reappear when I turned the computer on again.