Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Is It Possible The Bd2016ts Installer Downgraded Me To Bd2015ts?

Options
garioch7
garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭

At the risk of seeming a bit stupid (the truth might as well be known), I just did a clean install of Windows 10 on my main computer. I was certain that I had downloaded, from the official links here, the BD_2016_TS installer package. When all was said and done, I wound up with BD_2015_TS installed instead.

What I didn't do though, was go to Bitdefender Central and upgrade my licence key to 2016 before starting the install. Frankly, I must have missed that instruction.

Is it possible that the BD_2016_TS installer, not finding a BD_2016_TS licence key in Central, simply substituted BD_2015_TS since it could find a key in my BD account for that?

Interestingly, my 2015 BD Account showed four computers on my 3-licence pack. My main computer was shown twice: once with Windows 7 Pro x64 installed and again with the Windows 10 Pro x64 installed ... ? I have deleted the Windows 7 account for my main computer, so hopefully the Bitdefender police won't be after me. ;)

Installing BD_2016_TS seems to have become a very complicated process. Can it be simplified?

Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

Comments

• Rohugh
    Options

Hiya Phil, try this workaround I suggested to a member with a similar problem, it worked for him. :)

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=247620

Ro.

• garioch7
    Options

Rohugh:

Thanks for your suggestion. I will try it when I attempt the upgrade again. Sure does seem overly complicated to simply update a Bitdefender version. I guess Malwarebytes has spoiled me with their version updates of the their anti-malware products. Version updates are virtually automatic.

Have a great day. Glad to know that I am not crazy - I was sure that I had selected the correct download file.

Regards,

-Phil

• garioch7
    Options

Rohugh:

I just wanted to let you know that I followed your instructions and was able to successfully install BDTS2016 on my main computer and on my laptop.

Thank you for your assistance, and also for your very valuable participation in the BD Forums. You have helped a lot of people.

Have a great weekend.

Regards,

-Phil