Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Device Activation Issue After Multiple License Purchases

Options

Another similar, horrible experience here...I purchased 3 devices for 3 years each. Everything looked correct in BitDefender Central. I then added an additional 1 device for 3 years. Instead of 4 devices licensed for 3 years each, I now have 1 device for 6 years!!! Is anyone else getting an answer on when this is expected to be fixed!? I have had a ticket open for almost 2 weeks and keep getting the same response every time I contact support --> "this has been escalated and will be addressed in the next 24 hours". I will be seeking a refund if not addressed within the next few days and escalating to a support manager. This is bordering on a lawsuit.

Thanks for any info.

Dray

Comments

• Another similar, horrible experience here...I purchased 3 devices for 3 years each. Everything looked correct in BitDefender Central. I then added an additional 1 device for 3 years. Instead of 4 devices licensed for 3 years each, I now have 1 device for 6 years!!! Is anyone else getting an answer on when this is expected to be fixed!? I have had a ticket open for almost 2 weeks and keep getting the same response every time I contact support --> "this has been escalated and will be addressed in the next 24 hours". I will be seeking a refund if not addressed within the next few days and escalating to a support manager. This is bordering on a lawsuit.

Thanks for any info.

Dray

Hello,

I just wanted to let you know that I'm currently having the same problem as you. I bought 2 packs of Total Security 3PCS/1year, hoping that I would have each of the product on 6 computers for 1 year. What I got instead was 3 computers for 2 years subscription each! I am as furious as you are and terribly disappointed as to why Bitdefender would switch to such horrendous way of delivering the product.

I have no issue typing in the license key, why in the world would they make installing the product so complicated in 2016!! Uggh, if you're filing a lawsuit, I'll volunteer to be your witness and moral support. I have already contacted their support, I'll keep you update on whatever they say. As of right now, you can create another bitdefender central account and ask them to move the other licenses keys you bought to your new bitdefender central. Hopefully that'll solve the problem.

Horrible way to start a new year. Bitdefender, if you are reading this SHAME ON YOU! I would not recommend your company to anyone, should have stuck with Kaspersky.

• Thanks guys,

me, too, I have activation issues. After Bitdefender pestering me to renew my 1-year 3-device licence, I did so a couple of weeks ago. But even though I unticked the "automatic renewal option", they did charge me a second time (just served themselves, basically, using my ""safely stored!!!"" payment details). After I complained, they said: no worries, have a 2-year licence, then.

OK, but ---

It appeared, Bitdefender de-installed itself from my two other devices?!? They also disappeared from my "My Devices" in the Central. So I re-installed it on my 2nd device, but I'm not able to activate it because Bitdefender Central claims it is unable to connect to the server - which is rubbish, as I can log in via the browser or via my 1st device. So perhaps, instead of a 2-year 3-device licence I have now a 2-year 1-device licence? Or do I need to create a different account?

And all there is offered as "technical support" is: "Buy Now!". No, thank you very much....

I've used Bitdefender for a couple of years now, but it appears the company is going belly up. Better start looking elsewhere....

Cheers,

Kofi

• oldbilbo
    oldbilbo ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options

I've used Bitdefender Total Sec quite happily for several individual years, and sought to do so again for 2016. I'd learned about the 'Continuous Payment Authority' issue and WILL NOT so authorise any company, having been 'badly scalded' by 1&1 some years ago. Multiple requests for another payment pathway gave only the 'you can deactivate it after you agree' bull****.

Sheesh! A respected internet security provider asking you to leave the door to your personal banking details wide open....

That's no way to retain customer-base! I web-searched, found and used a third-party reseller. giving me what I wanted, for half the full-ticket price.

But I have had 'activation' difficulties like others here.... and no reply yet from the Support crew.

• Since Bitdefender went to the new subscription activation, it is almost impossible for me to activate a product. Example: I have an account with 3 items showing as activated. I bought anoth 3 license pack of Antivirus and I cannot add that to my account. I have been buying many copies of Bitdefender because I install it for my IT clients. Now, I cannot do that anymore. Since no license key is provided under the new method, I can no longer down load and install the product if i buy it under my account and since I cannot add any recent purchase to my account, then the whole activation method is very flawed. I will be forced to go back to Kaspersky simple because of the activation issues with Bitdefender. That is very sad for me as I consider Bitdefender the best product but if it's not easy to purchase and activate, then it won't be purchased. Also Avangate putting an automatic payment option in my Paypal without my authorization is NOT acceptable.

Any feedback on this is welcome.

• oldbilbo
    oldbilbo ✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options

I hear you, Steve Langdon. It's taken me hours to Install the Bit...Total... 2016 into another device ( wife's lappie used as her desktop ), as first of all the new Bit/Uninstaller wouldn't complete - serially - so I had to use the Win10 Uninstall routine instead!!! There was problem after problem, but I finally got the b#u#d#y thing 'in' and running. Then the Bitd. Vulnerability Scan reported it failed to download updates.....

That's used up much of my free time this Sunday pm. Not impressed.

• This new activation process is a nightmare. 6 months ago I installed 3pc 2yr on 3 pc and all was well. Purchased 2 new computers and purchased Internet Security 2016 for 3 pc 1yr. I installed BD on the new pc and get the message Devices limit reached. I click on I have an activation code. I enter the code and low and behold my first 3 pcs are now activated for 3 years and my new computers will not activate at all. It has been 3 days and no communication from BD whatsoever.

Is BD Central the only way to activate now? I have been using BD for 5 years on 75 computers, "for various home users," and I could enter my different codes in BD central and it was always straight. Now not so much. I dread the phone calls I'm going to get when these renewals come around because some are in the same situation, multiple pcs with multiple license.

During my 5+ years with BD I have never had to contact support for anything so I have no reference of past support. 3 days on an issue like this at least deserves a return email or something explaining this situation.

• Rohugh
    Options

Hello ChazD,

Unfortunately adding a new key will only extend the validity of your license, as you have found out. If you wish to increase the number of devices you must contact Bitdefender and ask them to change it, there is nothing the forum can do.

If you have a contact ticket number please post it on here, hopefully someone from BD will see it and sort this out. If you do not have a ticket number, please re-contact Bitdefender via email at bitsy@bitdefender.com

Ro.

• Hey thanks Captain Obvious. Everyone in this thread has the same situation and now it is going on for 2 weeks since the original post and still no resolution. Is anyone else worried about infection during this process? I dont really want to go to another product but what can you do if this goes on any longer?

Yes here is the ticket i have in with BD.

• And yet another day rolls by without any response on this situation.

If they could give me a workaround for the time being that would be fine by me. I would settle for anything to let me know they are working toward a resolution. Well not really. I paid for a product and cant use it. FIX IT!!!

Hey Drayzin did you ever recieve any correspondance at all??

• And yet another day rolls by without any response on this situation.

If they could give me a workaround for the time being that would be fine by me. I would settle for anything to let me know they are working toward a resolution. Well not really. I paid for a product and cant use it. FIX IT!!!

Hey Drayzin did you ever recieve any correspondance at all??

I finally got this fixed! I called up and asked to be transferred to a supervisor. They fixed in in 3 minutes LOL. Ultimately, I think one of the support engineers took pity on me. Call in during business hours and ask to have it escalated to a supervisor while you are on the line.

Good luck! Probably one of the most frustrating experiences I have ever gone through.

• I finally got this fixed! I called up and asked to be transferred to a supervisor. They fixed in in 3 minutes LOL. Ultimately, I think one of the support engineers took pity on me. Call in during business hours and ask to have it escalated to a supervisor while you are on the line.

Good luck! Probably one of the most frustrating experiences I have ever gone through.

Yes I had to call also and yes it took less than 3 minutes to resolve. I havent had to renew any more since but I will soon. Is this still an issue with multiple license using the same email address?

Thanks all.

• Georgia
    Options

Hello all,

For licensing/subscription concerning issues please contact from now on Bitdefender Customer Care via bitsy@bitdefender.com as we do not handle this on the forums. You will receive a response from our commercial team usually within the same day.

Thank you very much for your understanding.

This discussion has been closed.