Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Install On Pclinuxos

Options

I have downloaded the rpm files, but ran into some problems trying to install B/B onto PClinuxOS.(A couple weeks ago, so don't remember exactly what, (likely dependency) BUT:

your website says I can install using YUM. PCLOS does not use YUM. Normally for files not in Synaptic, would use apt-get. Can someone suggest how to install B/D onto PCLOS?

Thanx for all constructive help!

(I have B/D software installed on 3 Windows systems and I like it a lot, and I have been quite happy with responses from the B/D support folks. Good program!)

--doug

Comments

• I have downloaded the rpm files, but ran into some problems trying to install B/B onto PClinuxOS.(A couple weeks ago, so don't remember exactly what, (likely dependency) BUT:

your website says I can install using YUM. PCLOS does not use YUM. Normally for files not in Synaptic, would use apt-get. Can someone suggest how to install B/D onto PCLOS?

Thanx for all constructive help!

(I have B/D software installed on 3 Windows systems and I like it a lot, and I have been quite happy with responses from the B/D support folks. Good program!)

--doug

Replying to myself: I think I have everything installed, altho I don't have netfs, and I don't think I need it. However, when I say "installed" I mean I have files in a batch of directories

under /opt, /etc, /var. I have looked at the text files, but I don't understand them. What do I have to do to actually start B/D and have it run all the time? (I have looked at

/var/run/BitDefender, but there is nothing in that. I have also looked at bd.8, but I don't know if this is a ****** or it's supposed to be user instructions or what, but I don't understand that either.

If there is one file somewhere that I just call it on a command line, or snap on it in a root-level GUI to start B/D, then what is that file?

TIA--doug