Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Update To 2016 Splash Won't Go Away

The splash nag screen to update to BF 2016 keeps coming up at the bottom right.

I usually fades slowly, but sometimes it will get stuck, covering the bottom quarter of the screen.

Why am I seeing this at all? The machine already has 2016 installed. (of three devices, one does not have 2016, but the nag pops on all three)

How do I get it to close when it's stuck? Reboot doesn't seem to user friendly.

Comments

• Hiya,

It may be the one computer you haven't updated is being detected but you shouldn't be seeing this if you have updated. Open the BD GUI, click the figure icon at the top and choose "General Settings". You can then turn off (uncheck) the "Display special offers and product notifications".

Ro.

• Hiya,

It may be the one computer you haven't updated is being detected but you shouldn't be seeing this if you have updated. Open the BD GUI, click the figure icon at the top and choose "General Settings". You can then turn off (uncheck) the "Display special offers and product notifications".

Ro.

Thank you. I will give that a try.

I did have to reboot to get the nag screen to go away. Clicking the X did nothing, and clicking the button to accept the offer turned the whole screen white while it tried to open the browser. Rebooting started over the process with the nag. Clicking X to close popped open the webpage to buy 2016. I did not click the button to Accept the offer. This is pretty heavy handed.

I have opened a support ticket for that one device that still has 2015. I know it's a separate issue, but I've not been able to update it to 2016 like the other two devices. This is a free update and I had to go to support to get the other two updated. The same steps given to me from support to update those machines do not work for the third. These steps are not specific and should have worked for all three.

Mentioning that on the outside chance tuning off notifications is still an issue on any of the three machines.

• Thank you. I will give that a try.

I had turned off notifications. The nag screen stopped for a few days, but started back today.

Surprise! The option to notify in general settings is turned back on. Magically, all by itself.

The BUG is that even though IS 2016 is installed, BD still pops open the nag screen to upgrade to the very same app that is installed.

Turning off notifications is a chea.p workaround at best and should not be necessary.

FYI: I was able to update the third device to BD IS 2016 this afternoon. That machine continues to pop the nag screen to update as well.

• Hi,

To further investigate the problem you are facing, please send an email to bitsy@bitdefender.com

• Hi,

To further investigate the problem you are facing, please send an email to bitsy@bitdefender.com

Did that weeks ago.

I have not had the splash pop up any more so I assume it was addressed....but I do have notifications turned off still.

Too bad I have to turn off all notifications just because BD 2016 is too stupid to know when it keeps bugging us to upgrade to BD 2016. After all....this is notifications for users that are already using BD 2016.