Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Blatant Disregard Of Your Paying Customers

Options
Danny_4
edited February 2016 in General

I have 3 computers which were regularly running Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 for my family, and have 3 years licenses on them.

Recently, I've upgraded Bitdefender Internet Securirty to the latest version, 2016, and was shocked to find out that Bitdefender had removed the optimization features (registry cleaner, One Click optimize, etc.) from Internet Security 2016, and moved them to Total Security 2016 only. I used to run these regularly, and in fact, these were some of the features that compelled me to purchase Bitdefender rather than use other alternatives.

In my opinion, removing an existing feature that customers have come to depend on and trust, and moving it to a higher paying product is a very low, extereme business practice. It shows blatant disregard of your paying customers. Serious companies, which want to keep a loyal and happy customer base, do not resort to these tactics. It's simply something that's not done.

And to those who would say I could always go back to version 2015 (there's always someone who does that..) I put it that I'm a paying customer. It is fully within my right to have the most updated product with the most updated features. I should not have to use an old product just because Bitdefender decided to become gready all of a sudden.

You want more money? Great. Go ahead and develop new, differentiated features that would compel people to spend those extra greens on your products. Don't squeeze your existing customers by removing existing features they've already paid for and come to rely on!

So my questions go to the Bitdefender team:

What on god's green earth were you thinking removing existing features in a product update?!

Do you think this is an acceptable business practice for a serious company, to squeeze money from customers?