Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

File Name Extensions Can't Be Unchecked Because Of Bitdefender ?

Options
johnblack663
edited February 2016 in General

So I searched and found on windows forum I think, 5 people thought this was helpful on a comment where a guy says

"bitdefender is the cause of unable to uncheck file extensions. I Uninstalled and problem solved."

I can't be sure since I didn't try uninstalling though.

Can you guys solve this problem for bitdefender ? Or if bitdefender is not the cause do you know a solution ?

It wasn't like this from the beginning when I first downloaded and installed but after few days I'm seeing the file name extensions.

(ex.water.mp3 , waterfall.mp4 ) when it's supposed to be (water.waterfall ) without those extensions on icons.

I clicked to uncheck to get rid of extensions and first time it worked then it showed the extension again few days later.

Now when I uncheck it it just blinks and the check won't go away and the extension names stays for all the folders and file icons.

It's annoying to see file extensions.

Using windows 8.1

Patch 1.0.21.1099

Using the free version. Don't know if it's 2016 or 2015 version because doesn't say so.

How do I check ?

It's been few weeks since I'm using this so I think it's 2016.