Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Port Scan And Autopilot Issues

Options

Hi folks,

I have BD Internet Security 2016 on Windows 7 Home Premium, and am trying to resolve a problem with repeated, frequent (!!) "Port Scan Detected" notifications.

I do a lot of piece-work on my PC, and often play DVD and Blu-ray discs while I'm at it. I have turned off the autoscan of optical discs in BDIS, because it takes so long to complete and then it generally confuses the media player software, which after a BD scan of the disc will typically report "no disc in the drive". These are original purchased discs, not pirated copies, so I believe the risk of an infection is pretty low. (I've set up a manual scan for the disc drive, for when I need to check a data disc.)

But because I've modified the autoscan settings, this forcibly turns the Autopilot off. And I understand from reading the forums here that that's the reason the Port Scan alerts keep showing up. I've checked for open ports on my system, and I'm happy they're secure.

So, is there a happy medium? Can I avoid getting caught in a pointless scanning loop with my optical discs, but also not get these constant notifications about port scans?