Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Mouse Stops Working

Options
hypn0x
edited March 2016 in General

Hello there,

I recently bought Bitdefender 2016 and now have the following issue:

A few months ago I got a X-Box One Elite Controller thats connected wirelessly with the official Microsoft USB dongle and has a battery pack in it thats getting charged via USB.

Connecting the Controller to charge disables the wireless connection of the controller and starts using it as a wired controller.

So far there was never any problems with it but since I got the new Bitdefender everytime I connect the controller (or turn off the controller without connecting it) my mouse stops working and the only thing that fixes it is reseting the PC (actually reseting, rebooting doesnt work when that happens).

Now, first I thought the issue was driver related but everything is up to date and it still doesnt work.. Charging the controller via a wallplug also doesnt work since the controller automatically turns off after 15mins of inactivity and then the issue comes back..

Disconnecting the mouse and reconnecting it also doesnt work..

The only thing that actually works is turning off Bitdefender completely but that isnt really an option..

That issue didnt exist with Bitdefender 2015 so thats kinda annoying, I'd be really grateful if somebody knows a fix for this issue..

Edit:

One more thing, when the mouse stops working the only buttons affected are left, right, middle, 4, 5 and the mousewheel.. i can still move the cursor and the programmable function keys like start playback, volume controls or DPI changes still work..

Also, when trying to use the affected buttons there is a weird beeping sound (coming out of the speakers, not from the motherboard) and the cursor starts to lag for a few seconds.. Sometimes moving the cursor also triggers those noises and lags but not always..