Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender 2016 Gui Doesnt Load On Windows 10 Boot.

Options

Could you please halp me with this issue, I see some services running at the startup but gui is nowhere to be found, i need to run it manually for it to work. Should I be concerned by that?

Comments

• tmk
    Options

My BD IS 2016 starts (I mean, I can see "Bitdefender is awake" info in systray) with couple of minutes delay in Windows 10. I don't know why.

• Lulica
    Options

Same issue happens to me.

When I boot my PC, BD doesn't automatically start and I'm forced to manually open it. When I open it, it says that there are issues to resolve (phishing filter is turned off). It happens all time when I boot and repairing/reinstalling didn't fix it.

I have Total Security 2016 and Windows 10.

• Hi every one,

I had the same problem.

I think i temporaly resolved it. I don’t know if this is the best option, but what i did was:

1. I got in in REGEDIT, (press Win+R, then write REGEDIT)

2. Click in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

3. Click in SOFTWARE

4. Click in Microsoft

5. Click in Windows

6. Click in CurrentVersion

7. Click in Run

8. On the right you will have all the programs that is starting with the boot, so you have to put a new entry with the BitDefender. In my case i created a new entry with the adress of the software, like below

"C:\Programs Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2016\bdagent.exe"

After this steps, apparently the BitDefender works normally.

Even so, a contact the support for help.

I hope to have helped

Sorry for my English
  • garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

To the best of my knowledge, there is not even an option to display the BD GUI screen application on boot. You do have the option to display, or not display, the Bitdefender widget under "General Settings". You can also modify your taskbar icons to display the BD icon down in the task bar. The icon will become grey or get an "X" in it if there is a problem, and the BD Security Widget will notify you of any issues, with a "number" in the circle at the bottom of the widget.

Don't worry, Bitdefender is running, as long as you can see the security widget and/or the taskbar icon, assuming you have turned one or both, on.

Personally I would not want to have the BD application, or my Malwarebytes applications, opening up in full screen mode when I booted up.

Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Same issue happens to me.

When I boot my PC, BD doesn't automatically start and I'm forced to manually open it. When I open it, it says that there are issues to resolve (phishing filter is turned off). It happens all time when I boot and repairing/reinstalling didn't fix it.

I have Total Security 2016 and Windows 10.

Exactly the same problem with Bitdefender Internet Security 2016 on Windows 10 64 bit.

No security widget and/or taskbar icon. And no they are not disabled and/or hidden.

Neither is the " Bitdefender is awake" notification being displayed after a short while.

(And no I am not talking about a sort of ' splash screen' (or complete GUI) when I boot my computer. I am well aware that isn't an option like with Eset for example.

I can see several processes of Bitdefender are running but not all of them. Neither is Bitdefender listed in Sart up items in Task manager. It should be there, at least it used to be in the past with a previous installation. Never had this problem before.

Repairing or reinstall, which I have done both several times, doesn't fix the problem.

I have contacted support in the Netherlands (as that's where I live :) ).

Waiting for an answer, but I don't expect much from it looking at the past.........

• According to the Dutch Bitdefender support the reason is explained here:

http://www.bitdefender.com/support/bitdefender-agent-system-tray-icon-appears-after-a-long-time-1619.html

I don't agree with that as I have never had this problem with a previous installation. I have used that until about 40 days ago on the same pc.

And I am sure I had a version number that started with 20.x

Furthermore, when I open Bitdefender I get an error about issues with phishing filter is turned off.

Yes it is true, when I wait long enough and don't open Bitdefender before I see the icon appear and/or the security widget I don't see an error.....

My pc is ready 10 seconds after startup - Bitdefender takes up to 5 minutes.....?

Back to the stone ages.....

I am going to ask for a refund.

• Lulica
    Options

Hi every one,

I had the same problem.

I think i temporaly resolved it. I don’t know if this is the best option, but what i did was:

1. I got in in REGEDIT, (press Win+R, then write REGEDIT)

2. Click in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

3. Click in SOFTWARE

4. Click in Microsoft

5. Click in Windows

6. Click in CurrentVersion

7. Click in Run

8. On the right you will have all the programs that is starting with the boot, so you have to put a new entry with the BitDefender. In my case i created a new entry with the adress of the software, like below

"C:\Programs Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender 2016\bdagent.exe"

After this steps, apparently the BitDefender works normally.

Even so, a contact the support for help.

I hope to have helped

Sorry for my English

Did this and now it works properly.

• efeene
    efeene ✭✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Options

Same problem here.

The widget and "Bitdefender is awake" msg takes to long to show up. And dont see BDagent on startup .

When I done the upgrade from Win7 to Win10 this dont happen, but now I did a clean install and have this problem on 64bit. And also sometimes the profile disable.

• Sorin G.
    Options

@EfeEne for more details on why Bitdefender's GUI appears late please go here.

In shorter terms the way the GUI is handled has changed and has a delay in place. Rest assured the background services are starting along side Windows to keep the machine protected.

For the profile issue please create a new topic with more details on the issue.

This discussion has been closed.