Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Refund Bitdefender Auto Renewal, Bad Customer Service, Or How To Get A Discount

Options

I bought Bitdefender a year ago when I had a computer. I don't have a computer anymore. Every new user account is automatically set up on auto renew.

I saw a charge for $59.95 on my credit card, and I did not authorize this. I called Bitdefender on Sunday and asked for a full refund because I don't have a computer anymore. The rep said I will have a colleague email you. I didn't trust this so I emailed Bitdefender support and asked for a full refund because I don't have a computer. I was offered a discount and to only pay $29.97. I called again and the rep could not help further except to say I will refer you to my colleague who will enail you. He opened a 2nd ticket. I emailed again to follow up and explain that I require a full refund because I do not own a computer anymore. I then received a reply with an offer of only paying $19.95 when Bitdefender had already charged me for $59.95.

It has been 5 days since my initial request for a full refund. The phone reps cannot help. The support email reps are trained to try to refund less than the full charged amount if they can get away with it.

Every email alert up to this event was in spam. I have not updated Bitdefender as I cannot without a PC and I am still not being given a full refund.

Every email I receive which offers me a discount on keeping Bitdefender is a template, see my email and the response:

Hi,

Can I please get my full refund?

On Apr 5, 2016 06:10, "Bitdefender Support Center" <bdsupport@bitdefender.com> wrote:

Dear,

Thank you for contacting us with regard to this pressing matter. I realize that you have been greatly inconvenienced by this situation. Please accept my sincere apologies.

I have taken note of your refund request and I would first like to offer my assistance in this process.

Please note that the auto-renewal option is designed to help you by offering a continuous protection, without interruption. It also saves you the time of physically renewing every year. Indeed, it is processed for the full price of the product, since it is an automatic process, which does not take into account discount coupons/ promotional offers.

Your subscription was placed as an automatic renewal because this option was enabled when you first purchased the product from http://www.bitdefender.com website. Avangate (our online partner vendor) notified you via email regarding this process, some 5 days prior to the renewal; the email also provided you an option to disable this feature.

Your license key - renewed due to the fact that the option was not disabled.

On the other hand, to compensate for any inconvenience and also to keep you as our faithful customer, I could refund you 50% of the sum paid for the automatic renewal process. This way you will save 29.97 CAD.

please let me know if you accept the offer.

See my 2nd reply and theirs:

Hi, I just called again and the person who took my call didn't seem to understand my request, he just made a new ticket 201604062201002. I want a full refund, not a partial refund. I don't have a computer. I have no need for this. I feel that the below message was a copy and paste ******.

I don't want to have to dispute this with my credit card company. Please let me know if you can give me a full refund. It an evident that I have not installed or updated anything on this license for a long time.

Bitdefender:

Thank you for contacting us in regards to this matter and please accept our apologies for the delay in our answer.

Your refund request has been acknowledged, however please note that the Auto-Renewal option is designed to help you by offering a continuous protection, without interruption. It also saves you the time of physically renewing every year. Please note that this order was placed as an automatic renewal because this option was enabled during your first purchase from http://www.bitdefender.com website.

Also, you have been notified via email regarding this process, 7 days prior to the renewal; the email provided you an option to disable this feature, by logging in to your Avangate account - https://secure.avangate.com/myaccount/

We now offer you the opportunity to keep your auto-renewal benefits along with a special 19.95 CAD discount from Bitdefender! The discount will be applied directly to the 59.95 CAD you paid for the renewal of Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2015 license key and will be refunded back to your account in a few working days if you accept the offer.

please let us know if you would like to proceed with the offer or if you just need some further details.

Can I have my full refund for a product I have not downloaded and am not using now?

Comments

• I had the same problem as you. After almost two weeks (and several emails and almost daily phone calls to them), I was finally notified today that I'd be receiving a full refund of the charge of $89.95 that I never intended to have auto-renew.

I felt like they were trying to drag the process along to the point that I'd give up. At first, I received email responses relatively quickly with discount offers. But once I made it clear that I wasn't going to accept that, it was several days before I heard anything back.

Up until this, I had been a happy customer for years. Now I'm a bit disgruntled.