Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Users.xml & Vuscan.xml

Options
Magnus 7
edited May 2016 in General

Hello Support,

Are these logs generated by the Vulnerability Scan; do they contain any configurations setting?

Are these safe to delete?

C:\ProgramData\Bitdefender\Desktop\users.xml
C:\ProgramData\Bitdefender\Desktop\vuscan.xml

Regards.

Comments

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello Magnus7,

It's not advisable to manually remove files (even if they are mere logs) from the application.

Beside the risk of the product malfunctioning afterwards the files will be downloaded from the cloud at the next update.

• Hi there, thanks for the response. I understand what you say, but these contain results from my last vulnerability scan do they not? eg. weak password 1 = positive, 0 = negative or something along those lines? Some files are on my pc whether or not a I opted to 'Save Log'.

My auto-update is turned off, and by the time I need to do a manual update, I hope to already have a comprehensive list of paths and files chained to a cleaner, which I use to expunge data off my pc daily. You are right, there is definitely a risk of product malfunctioning if I clean the wrong files, and that is exactly why I started this thread and seeked your help in the first place.

Could you please comment on these 3 files, these are the last 3 and I believe they may contain scan data :-

C:\ProgramData\Bitdefender\Desktop\Profiles\Logs\wd.ini Is this a log generated by altering configuration, or the actually configuration file itself? I thought by bitdefnder 2016, settings and configuration are already stored by bdagent

C:\ProgramData\Bitdefender\Desktop\users.xml
    C:\ProgramData\Bitdefender\Desktop\vuscan.xml

Regards.