Autopilot Turns On By Itself

vbogansz
edited June 2016 in General

Is there a reason why autopilot turns on by itself? At the same time the profile also changes to 'Game' although it is manually set to 'Standard' and the settings are protected with password.

This usually happens after the computer has not been on for a day or two - BTS2016 says "You are at risk" and starts to update itself.

Windows 10 Pro

Bitdefender Total Security 2016

post-202659-0-67325800-1467034617_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Hi Vbogansz,

Please check if you have any other security solutions installed and if you do, uninstall them. After that, repair Bitdefender from the Control Panel.

After two days of no update, it is normal to receive that message until the latest update is done. The Autopilot however, should not change the settings automatically.

Please let me know if the repair solved the issue.

• Well now it happened again even without the GUI warning when the software was up to date.

I also have Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit installed and interestingly the MAE icon had disappeared from the system tray about the same time with these BTS2016 symptoms. I may try uninstalling that and see what happens.

BTW, could this be related to /index.php?showtopic=69951" rel="">the VPN issue I am having?

• Hello,

It is unrelated to the VPN situation you reported.

Let us know after repairing the product if the issue persists.