Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Unable To Reset Password

Hello,

I've installed an update of bitdefender (total security 2016) and for some obscure reason it wipes out the previous version including the credentials... sadly I can't remember my passwd.

I've requested a new one using the "lost password" link but I never received an email with the link to reset that password... not in my inbox neither in my spam box.

Please advice it's really starting to get on my nerves that something as simple as that is not working and also that I end up with no anti-virus working because I can't register !

Regards

Comments

• Hello Lapk,

Please let me know what email did you use to register your Central account.

Please keep in mind that the Central account has been recently introduced with the release of 2016, older products such as 2015 still use MyBitdefender.

I was unable to locate an account under the email address you used on the forum, since you recently updated to 2016, try to create a Central account as you may only have a MyBitdefender one.

http://central.bitdefender.com

• Hello Ban,

I can't create a new account because it says that the email address is already being used. Please note that the email address used is the same as for my forum account (my pseudo @free.fr) so I don't understand what's going on but that's a serious pain not being able to install it anymore.

Seems like my account is lost between two platforms/databases because if my email seems registered I can't receive any email to do a password reset...

Please advice on what to do ...

For some reasons I didn't even get a notification about the replied you did. :(

• Hello,

Please check your Inbox as you should have steps in resolving this situation.

Due to the nature of this situation I kindly ask you to reply to that email as it will be attached automatically to your open case : 2016071920100001

• lapk
    edited July 2016

I replied to the email and sadly I still have a pb :wacko:

Any news regarding my problem ?
    That's starting to become really annoying that I cannot have bitdefender working anymore...

• Hello,

Please check your email.

• I replied to the email and sadly I still have a pb :wacko:

Any news regarding my problem ?

That's starting to become really annoying that I cannot have bitdefender working anymore...

OP, does the problem solved? I have the same problem now.

• Same problem over here

• Hello,

OPs situation has been resolved.

Please try again as it may not be the same situation, we had a little downtime with some of our cloud services.

• I'm having the same problem. When I try to reset my password I do not get an e-mail back. I have no way to log in. I had an account years ago. I would like to try the internet Security again.

• Hello,

@markc1 There is no account under the email you used on the forum. Please note that with the release of 2016 we have moved to a different platform called Central. Please try to create a new account. http://central.bitdefender.com

• I'm having the same problem - could not initially create a Central account, because your site thought my email address was already in use. So here's what I did to get started:

1) went through the Password reset process; never received a link to reset the password. Checked my spam folder multiple times.

2) signed in with my Google+ account instead.

3) this allowed me to create an initial account, download the A/V software to my first Mac, activate it with my Activation code, etc.

But I can not sign in without going through Google+ (which I would rather not do). I cannot change my password, since your site wants the current one, which I don't know.

Please send me an email with a password reset code. Thanks.

• Hello,

@RDukeF please open a support ticket using bitsy@bitdefender.com with all the details you posted here and my colleagues from the CS team will be able to assist in you in resolving the matter.

• This password reset procedure is not working. I have just become a bitdefender user and mislaid my
    password. No e mail received when trying to reset.
    Looks like I am going to lose my subscription since I will have to try another AV programme.
    Pathetic effort from Bitdefender
  • Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    > @tyge said:
    > This password reset procedure is not working. I have just become a bitdefender user and mislaid my
    > password. No e mail received when trying to reset.
    > Looks like I am going to lose my subscription since I will have to try another AV programme.
    > Pathetic effort from Bitdefender

Hi Member

Kindly drop an email to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com regarding your query .They will reply back asap.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)