[Fixed] Blocked threats number in File Protection increases by two

joshua7
joshua7
edited October 2016 in Protection

Hello,

Yesterday I scanned a flash drive and found two threats on it. I healed the drive and also deleted the quarantined files. To my surprise when I restarted my laptop I saw four threats in the notification area on the GUI. Today when I restarted my laptop, I saw six threats on the GUI. However, when I click on the notification area to find the paths of the malwares, I see only the two paths of the ones I found and deleted yesterday. I am wondering if the number will keep on increasing.

I have searched the internet several times to find a way to delete the threat notification, but did not find any, this is why I am writing in this forum.

I would be grateful if somebody could provide some help or suggestion.

Thank you a lot.

Comments

• Surgical
    edited October 2016

I created a "EICAR" Virus test file after recently installing Bitdefender as an experiment. (it is a simple text line that was made to test anti-virus/ detection software) It involves making a text document in notepad with the line "  X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H* " and saving it to the desktop. Anyway, it was immediately detected by Bitdefender and listed under FILE PROTECTION > blocked threats, as I expected, except for now it says there has been 3 blocked threats 2 days later, however it is the only file listed. It's almost as if it is adding it as a "blocked threat" every day. Maybe the program is putting the file in quarantine and "re-detecting" it on the scheduled daily scan. (even though it immediately removed the text document from the desktop as soon as I saved it to there)

"

• Hello,

A fix for this issue has been released please update to the latest version 21.0.21.967

Please note the update requires a restart for changes to take effect.