Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Scan logs, where are they located? ADDED another question

Options

Good Day:

where/how do I find the protection scan logs for multi user  Total Security 2017?  I'e looked everywhere, but have not found their location on my PC (Win 10, 64bit).  Thank you in advance for for input.  I'm new to Bitfinder and it sems to be a bit chopped up, I had to look up on how to make a rescue disk  last night using a search engine.  I could not find anything listed in my program, Central.  It seems that there are several location/adresses that Bitfinder keeps diferent stuff in. No central spot , or am I missing something.  What are the important web pages for BitDefender users?  Thanks

Comments

• Sorin G.
    Options

Hello,

If you installed the product there is no need for the rescue disk.

You can access the Scan Log by going to the event, System Scan completed and then clicking on the View Log button.

•  By the "event" I assume you mean that the popup/page that says " I found something here"?   Most of the time I have the full scan set to turn the pc off if it doesn't find anything.  Granted that means that if it turned off, thats a good thing, but I still like to look at the logs and compare numbers over time, and I assume that There has to be logs somewhere, even if it finds nothing.   I am also curious and the log info might help.  I am very paranoid about viruses, it seems like we are getting bombarded all the time and I don't go to bad sites or anything.  I have had to have a couple of laptops cleaned professionally and that gets expensive.  In fact this is a new one to replace one that was all gunked up- thanks Norton.  Not a PC VIrus wizard, but curious in trying to learn more.  I did an experiment one day,  I ran a Custom full Scan at aggressive (what ever that means in real life and viruses compared to the set, original full system scan setup ...) virtually everything was check marked to look at.  I check marked the screen to show the report (instead of the shutdown if I find nothing choice).  Looked through the results.  Then I ran the exact same scan and ran it at the intermediate/default level, same things checked, and it took 30-45 mins longer.  I remembering wondering why it would take longer, but didn't have any hard numbers to campare to, such as time, objects scanned, etc, because I did not have a copy of the previous scan, so why, what was different.  I would have liked to compare the two scan reports side by side, but could not find them in my PC.  Oh, conditions were the same for both scans, browser was off, all apps were off so from my standpoint the conditions were the same.              So I am no PC Geek, but am interested.  Another example, Ran a agressive scan on a desk top that doesnt get used much, and I had it leave the report on.  No viruses, however 17 passworded files in C:/users/westk/Desktop/AppData/local/temp.......I wrote down a couple of them and asked a friend about the addresses, he came back with Malware.  Well I looked and could not find AppData and subfolder to try and delete them. NEW QUESTION How can I "see"get to these these hidden files the next time this occurs?  As a last resort, I did a win 10 reset, and know I have to reload everything, and how many things I didn't have disks for, such as MS Office 2013.  That ######, I emailed Bit D last night asking how/where is the link to do a reinstall since I have mutiple devices and don't want to pay for a new reload.  This is where I find BitD a little lacking,  I curently have an offline desktop because I have not gotten instructions on how to do a reinstall on my multi device subscription. 

I apologize for my wordiness, but am wanting to understandable as to what I am thinking, looking for, and why.  I wonder , on the desktop, had I had it set to turn off if it didn't find anything, which from a virus standpoint, it didn't I wouldn't know about these passworded files as the PC would turn off and there I am not knowing, however, I if I could see the log from that scan, and saw that there were passworded files that didn't get scanned, I would have an inclination that there may be something unwanted on my drive.  So to make a long story short, that is why I would like to be able to look at past scan results.  I Find it hard to believe that BitD doesn't have a log folder somewhere with scan results in it, so I would like to be able to look at them, it is my PC, and I paid for the software, so is there a reason I can't have the location where the are kept on my PC?   I still need to find out how to find out how to see hidden files.  Do I right click on a folder, go into the security tab and choose edit, then checkmark Allow, running as Adminisrator?   I didn't see anything about access to hidden files on the one folder I tried this with, so I got nowhere.  I apologize for my wordiness, but the past couple of months I have been bombarded, thus the change to BitDefender from Norton.  Norton is free with comcast but at least twice a year I have to have a local guy clean my machine at$100+  (he is very thorough).  He also said when I asked him for a recomendation for a AntiVirus, he couldn't give me one, because it isnt if, its when, he said that the effeciency effectiveness of AV products is so/so, mainly because the viruses are made by artificial intellegence and are designed todo what it takes to survive, mutate, so by the time you guys get one figured out, it may have transformed itself into a slightly different critter and gets through the cracks in the protection.  That would be a Stressful Job being a AV designer,virus chaser.   So anyway, he wouldn't give me any direction, I tried ESET, Kapersky, and settled on BitDefender.  I'm learning more about this stuff, (but I really wish I had win 7 or xp,  I don't like 10.)This is another reason I would like to look at logs,compare scan summaries when nothing has changed, compare and understand more.   A pc newbie.  Thanks for taking the time to read my novel, now you know a little more about a customer, now I would like to know a little more about BitD.  Thank you for your time and patience.

• ozziebear
    Options

Hi...From the Bitdefender interface, click on notifications (the bell shaped icon). This will bring up a list of 'events'. Click on the scan event and then click on 'show logs'.